Thread poster: Stéphanie Soudais
Stéphanie Soudais
Stéphanie Soudais  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:19
English to French
Aug 15, 2007

Hello,

I am currently translating a quote-book from English to French, into which there is a quote by Giuseppe Maraspini (1845-1910), translated in English as follow:

"Pascal wrote that 'every religion which does not affirm that God is hidden is not true'. Mystery is the oxygen of truth as well as the elixir of faith. Gross certainties would undermine all our value."

I would like to find the original in Italian ( to compare with my version) but the fact is
... See more
Hello,

I am currently translating a quote-book from English to French, into which there is a quote by Giuseppe Maraspini (1845-1910), translated in English as follow:

"Pascal wrote that 'every religion which does not affirm that God is hidden is not true'. Mystery is the oxygen of truth as well as the elixir of faith. Gross certainties would undermine all our value."

I would like to find the original in Italian ( to compare with my version) but the fact is that I cannot find a single reference about that G.Maraspini, which makes me wonder if he really existed, or if there is a spelling mistake on his name. Any idea?
Collapse

Nathalie Reis
Nathalie Reis  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:19
English to French
Maraspini Aug 15, 2007

Hi Stéphanie,

I've tried to look for Giuseppe Maraspini, but I agree with you, he is a mystery, no occurrence at all on google.

I have found a A.L. Maraspini who has written The study of an Italian village, but it does not seem to be the same man, as this was written in the 1960s, and your guy was dead in 1910.

Very sorry Stéphanie, I tried though...

Nathalie

Stéphanie Soudais
Stéphanie Soudais  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:19
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
.. Aug 15, 2007

Hi Nathalie,

Thanks anyway for your help. The pity is that I have several quotes written by people who do not seem to exist/have existed anywhere !...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Italian poet Giuseppe Maraspini

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »