MemoQ server conect. error: "Login to server xx failed (...) Please check your network connection"
Thread poster: adrianrff
adrianrff
adrianrff
Venezuela
English to Spanish
Nov 5, 2017

Hi, folks.

I'm having trouble accessing client's and company's servers in MemoQ (2015, the company I work for (as freelance) insists that I only use this version) from my PC at my (regular) work. When I enter the URL I get the message: "Login to server xxxx failed. Failed to communicate with the remote server. Please check your network connection". If I try to connect to any server from my home PC everything works fine.

Of course the first thing I did was to make
... See more
Hi, folks.

I'm having trouble accessing client's and company's servers in MemoQ (2015, the company I work for (as freelance) insists that I only use this version) from my PC at my (regular) work. When I enter the URL I get the message: "Login to server xxxx failed. Failed to communicate with the remote server. Please check your network connection". If I try to connect to any server from my home PC everything works fine.

Of course the first thing I did was to make sure that my internet connection works, and it does. I also tried disabling Windows Firewall and antivirus in case the IT department had made some local configuration to block outgoing connections, but this didn't work.

The only thing I can think of is that the IT department is blocking outgoing connection centrally (if that makes any sense), but I'd like to know is there's a way to make sure that this is the case, or, ideally, workaround it so I can do some translation work in my spare time at my regular work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

[Edited at 2017-11-05 14:38 GMT]
Collapse

Elena Ponomareva
Elena Ponomareva  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 01:03
Member (2017)
English to Russian
+ ...
Is the problem solved? Jul 10, 2019

Hi!
Have you solved your problem with MemoQ? I have also encountered it.
I would be very grateful if you share your experience.

Veronika LIvshits
Veronika LIvshits  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 21:03
English to Russian
Was the problem solved? Apr 6, 2020

Hello!
I encountered the same problem with memoQ as well.
Could you please share your experience with solving it?
Thanks in advance.

adrianrff
adrianrff
Venezuela
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
It was a blocked port Apr 7, 2020

Veronika LIvshits wrote:

Hello!
I encountered the same problem with memoQ as well.
Could you please share your experience with solving it?
Thanks in advance.

Hello, Veronika, Elena

In my case, the IT department was blocking a specific port, the one used by memoQ. It could also be an anti-virus software blocking some ports.

Do some reading on what ports memoQ uses and find out if there's something blocking it in your computer.

Hope that works,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ server conect. error: "Login to server xx failed (...) Please check your network connection"

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »