Thread poster: Claudio Porcellana (X)
Fabio Tursi
Fabio Tursi  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:41
English to Italian
Import with options Sep 12, 2019

Hi!
I've stopped using it and reverted to 8.7 because I really dislike the new way it manages "Import with options".
Is there any way to revert to previous way?
Thanks!

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:41
Danish to English
+ ...
Import with options Sep 12, 2019

Yes, the new Import with options is a bit of failure. Now we have to browse through page after page with sub-options.

I just installed version 9.1. At least it seems they have fixed the problem that it kept populating the list for nearly three minutes, scrolling the list around so you couldn't stay long enough anywhere to select what you needed. I wonder if they even test their new features before releasing them.

I can't understand how they think this is progress. This
... See more
Yes, the new Import with options is a bit of failure. Now we have to browse through page after page with sub-options.

I just installed version 9.1. At least it seems they have fixed the problem that it kept populating the list for nearly three minutes, scrolling the list around so you couldn't stay long enough anywhere to select what you needed. I wonder if they even test their new features before releasing them.

I can't understand how they think this is progress. This seems to be a case of fixing what ain't broken.

I would open a support request. They don't seem to follow the Proz forums.
Collapse

Edward Bradburn
Edward Bradburn
Germany
Local time: 10:41
German to English
+ ...
What about scrolling? Oct 18, 2019

Hi Version 9 users,

Did they fix the slower-than-slow scrolling in memoQ 8?

My scrolling in memoQ 8 is so slow that I move the mouse wheel a few times down and memoQ starts scrolling down segment by segment until it finally gets to - usually - the wrong segment as a result.

Alternatively: has anyone *never* experienced scrolling issues with memoQ?

Maybe there is some setting or mouse problem I need to fix.

Just tried three differen
... See more
Hi Version 9 users,

My scrolling in memoQ 8 is so slow that I move the mouse wheel a few times down and memoQ starts scrolling down segment by segment until it finally gets to - usually - the wrong segment as a result.

Just tried three different mice here (two wired, one wireless) and it makes no difference.

Cheers,

Ed
Collapse

Georgios Tziakos

Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:41
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
scrolling, importing, and other pests Oct 18, 2019

what the heck!

it works out of the box, as usual, at each update/upgrade since the first one I used

but it seems I am too much easily satisfied, compared with the crowd
LOL

Georgios Tziakos
Georgios Tziakos  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2011)
English to Greek
+ ...
Yes, response times have been sadly decreasing for years Aug 2, 2023

Scrolling and overall UI refresh speed have been decreasing steadily since 2014 R2 (my favorite version so far simply because it was FAST). It doesn't matter what rig I use, this happens to me even when I use the latest, fastest desktop. On both Win 10+11. MemoQ has basically two things going for it over all those online CAT tools: Speed of scrolling, confirming segments and all relevant tasks, plus truly powerful find and replace functionality. And it's already losing the race on the first fron... See more
Scrolling and overall UI refresh speed have been decreasing steadily since 2014 R2 (my favorite version so far simply because it was FAST). It doesn't matter what rig I use, this happens to me even when I use the latest, fastest desktop. On both Win 10+11. MemoQ has basically two things going for it over all those online CAT tools: Speed of scrolling, confirming segments and all relevant tasks, plus truly powerful find and replace functionality. And it's already losing the race on the first front. I haven't checked, but I suspect it's because it probably cannot utilize hyperthreading well enough or at all. (my CPU/memory loads are super low while using it.). And this is not just "nice-to-have". Low response times make a HUGE difference for moderately fast or faster translators.

Edward Bradburn wrote:

Hi Version 9 users,

Just tried three different mice here (two wired, one wireless) and it makes no difference.

Cheers,

Ed
Collapse

Magnus Rubensson

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoQ 9.0 rocks

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »