Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Non-breaking space errors. I don't understand why I am getting them or what they mean.
Thread poster: Clare Rubin
MollyRose
MollyRose  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
Font Jun 17, 2020

Sometimes I have a match for a sentence containing a term in italics. When it populates into the segment, it shows the tags for italics from the TM, but the font shown remains unitalicized. I don't know why it does that, but I fix it by highlighting the term and click on the icon to make it italics.

If you check to make sure all your tags are in the proper places on the target side, the font should show up the same on the right side as on the left. But if not, you can still use the
... See more
Sometimes I have a match for a sentence containing a term in italics. When it populates into the segment, it shows the tags for italics from the TM, but the font shown remains unitalicized. I don't know why it does that, but I fix it by highlighting the term and click on the icon to make it italics.

If you check to make sure all your tags are in the proper places on the target side, the font should show up the same on the right side as on the left. But if not, you can still use the formatting icons to make it look right.

Also, you might have tags on the left side that you don't need in the target, but they have to appear in the target in order to export the file. You can just add those unnecessary tags at the end of the segment, thus fulfilling the rules and not messing up your document.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Non-breaking space errors. I don't understand why I am getting them or what they mean.

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »