Enlarge the translation textfield
Thread poster: Dmitrij_1980 (X)
Dmitrij_1980 (X)
Dmitrij_1980 (X)  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Russian to German
Oct 14, 2019

Hello,
is it possible to enlage the textfield, to see the entire text?
I have marked this field on picture.

[Edited at 2019-10-14 22:27 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:18
English to Russian
You can see it here Oct 15, 2019

Use Ctrl+arrows up/down to navigate between the matches and see the entire wording.
The font size is adjustable. Go to memoQ-Options-Options-Appearance-Compare boxes-F
... See more

Use Ctrl+arrows up/down to navigate between the matches and see the entire wording.
The font size is adjustable. Go to memoQ-Options-Options-Appearance-Compare boxes-Font size

[Edited at 2019-10-15 13:10 GMT]
Collapse

Dmitrij_1980 (X)
Russian Federation
Russian to German
TOPIC STARTER
Tank you Oct 15, 2019

Thank you for the answer Stepan,
but that´s not that, what I mean. I want to see both sentences complete at the same time in their full length!

Like in Cafe Tran.

In Cafe Tran the MT-Text is in an extra
... See more
Thank you for the answer Stepan,
but that´s not that, what I mean. I want to see both sentences complete at the same time in their full length!

Like in Cafe Tran.

In Cafe Tran the MT-Text is in an extra box. And thats ver comfortable and clear.
Why its not possible in MemoQ, thats the question! Such an expensive programm, but so confused in compare to Cafe Tran. And it seems also not possible to undock some textboxes, to put them on the second monitor.
Collapse

Natasha Ziada (X)
Natasha Ziada (X)  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 18:18
English to Dutch
+ ...
Some options Oct 16, 2019

Hi Dmitrij,

If you hover over the border separating the editor from the Translation results you can drag it to change the size of the Translation results section, or you can switch to the 'Results on top' layout (go to 'View' then 'Switch to next layout' on the ribbon) if you prefer that view.

Re your other question: I believe you can detach the View pane clicking on the three dots in the left-hand corner of the pane, but I always end up losing the pane altogether when
... See more
Hi Dmitrij,

If you hover over the border separating the editor from the Translation results you can drag it to change the size of the Translation results section, or you can switch to the 'Results on top' layout (go to 'View' then 'Switch to next layout' on the ribbon) if you prefer that view.

Re your other question: I believe you can detach the View pane clicking on the three dots in the left-hand corner of the pane, but I always end up losing the pane altogether when (accidentally) doing that, so I try to avoid that option
Collapse

Dmitrij_1980 (X)
Russian Federation
Russian to German
TOPIC STARTER
Hello Natasha Oct 16, 2019

Hello Natasha!
thanks for the answer. I have already tried out to resize the translation results section. It helps with short sentences, but long sentences still displayed uncomplete.

What do you meam by three dots? I can´t find them. Can you maybe schow them on a picture?

Natasha Ziada (X)
Australia
English to Dutch
+ ...
5 dots Oct 16, 2019

It turns out there were 5 dots (I have to confess I'm not sure how to post a screenshot here - I've tried using the '[img]screenshot[/img] method with the screenshot saved to my desktop but I don't believe it's working (any tips for me as this seem to work for you?)

Anyhow, you don't actually need to click on the dots, just click anywhere on the bar that says 'View pane' to drag it to your other screen. Here are the in
... See more
It turns out there were 5 dots (I have to confess I'm not sure how to post a screenshot here - I've tried using the '[img]screenshot[/img] method with the screenshot saved to my desktop but I don't believe it's working (any tips for me as this seem to work for you?)

Anyhow, you don't actually need to click on the dots, just click anywhere on the bar that says 'View pane' to drag it to your other screen. Here are the instructions:

"To put the View pane on the second screen:

Click the title bar of the View pane. Hold down the mouse button, and start dragging.
The View pane will detach from the memoQ window.
You can drag it anywhere: Drag it to the second screen, and maximize it."

https://help.memoq.com/current/en/Places/the-view-pane.html
Collapse

Dmitrij_1980 (X)
Russian Federation
Russian to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Natasha! Oct 16, 2019

Thank you Natasha, that you have taken time to explain, how to undock the preview window. But unfortunataly, I need the following window, to be undocked. Or somhow to see the entire text from machine translation.

And it see
... See more
Thank you Natasha, that you have taken time to explain, how to undock the preview window. But unfortunataly, I need the following window, to be undocked. Or somhow to see the entire text from machine translation.

And it seemt not possible in MemoQ. So I have to look for an other programm to work. It´s just for one project, so I will try ot an othe programm. I have already downloaded Wordfast Pro. There it´s possible to see the full text. It´s comfortable.

To embed a screenshot, you must upload it on a special site like this: https://www.bilder-upload.eu/
And aufter the upload, you will get a "embeding link". For this case its this one:

But some services, like (https://www.bilder-upload.eu/) have no delete function. So its better not to upload your images on some sites.
Collapse

Natasha Ziada (X)
Australia
English to Dutch
+ ...
Thanks Oct 16, 2019

Thanks so much for the tip! And good luck on finding a programme that suits your needs, I hope WFP works for you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Enlarge the translation textfield

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »