Why MemoQ won't let me add TM or TB to my projects anymore?
Thread poster: Gabriella Maria Cuccia
Gabriella Maria Cuccia
Gabriella Maria Cuccia
Italy
Local time: 09:22
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 3, 2021

Hello,

I've been using the free version of MemoQ for a few weeks now for university, and I've really enjoyed working with it.
I am not currently working with any clients, so I can't afford the MemoQ subscription for now.

I was about to take an Medical Translation exam using MemoQ and when I wanted to add TM or TB to my projects (which I already have from some medical translations I did) and a pop-up message appeared saying "MemoQ in 4free mode and memoQ can only
... See more
Hello,

I've been using the free version of MemoQ for a few weeks now for university, and I've really enjoyed working with it.
I am not currently working with any clients, so I can't afford the MemoQ subscription for now.

I was about to take an Medical Translation exam using MemoQ and when I wanted to add TM or TB to my projects (which I already have from some medical translations I did) and a pop-up message appeared saying "MemoQ in 4free mode and memoQ can only open projects with exactly one document and the corresponding translation memory".

I know someone has already talked about this problem, but I believe they were using a PRO version, so they just needed to relog using the ELM license they already had. What if I don't have one and I want to continue using the free version? Why did MemoQ let me use TM or TB up to now and now it won't? Is it maybe a matter of how many projects I have on MemoQ therefore deleting some would solve the problem?

Thank you in advance!
Collapse

Gusztáv Jánvári
Gusztáv Jánvári  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 09:22
English to Hungarian
+ ...
This is how it works :) Mar 12, 2021

Hi,

The trial version of memoQ is fully featured for 30 days (https://helpcenter.memoq.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010378279-Trying-memoQ-out-30-days-free-trial), and unless you purchase it, it will converted to the 4free edition. In that free edition it's doesn't matter how many projects you have, but as the message informed you,
... See more
Hi,

The trial version of memoQ is fully featured for 30 days (https://helpcenter.memoq.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010378279-Trying-memoQ-out-30-days-free-trial), and unless you purchase it, it will converted to the 4free edition. In that free edition it's doesn't matter how many projects you have, but as the message informed you, you can only have one bilingual document in a project with its corresponding TM.

The 4free version is for those who don't regularly get jobs from end customers, but work with agencies which give them ELM or CAL licenses. If you connect to a memoQ Server, you'll get the license, and until you work for them, and are connected, your memoQ works as a TranslatorPro or PM edition (depending on what licenses were provided to you by the agency).
Collapse

Martin Bruckmann

Martin Bruckmann
Martin Bruckmann  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:22
Portuguese to French
+ ...
using memoQ for academic purposes ? Mar 22, 2021

Dear Gabriella,

Are you still a student of a course related to translation ?

If yes, why don't you urge your higher education institution to join the memoQ Academic program ?

That would provide them with :
- as many licenses of memoQ they need for their computing labs, for free,
- the real time resource sharing memoQ server, almost for free (just a one-time installation fee)
And you with :
- the possibility for you to install a 1-yea
... See more
Dear Gabriella,

Are you still a student of a course related to translation ?

If yes, why don't you urge your higher education institution to join the memoQ Academic program ?

That would provide them with :
- as many licenses of memoQ they need for their computing labs, for free,
- the real time resource sharing memoQ server, almost for free (just a one-time installation fee)
And you with :
- the possibility for you to install a 1-year fully fledged Pro version license of memoQ on your PC, for free
- the possibility to acquire your own life-long license of memoQ, at a highly discounted price

Ain't that absolutely amazing ?

As they say, the best things on Earth are still for free, and this campaign is proof of it

[Modifié le 2021-03-22 17:10 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why MemoQ won't let me add TM or TB to my projects anymore?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »