Metatexis shows both original text and translation
Thread poster: corrado95
corrado95
corrado95
Local time: 23:14
Dec 12, 2009

Have i done something wrong?
I have just started to test this program. Had done a translation of a file. then i was asked something like "go to next step" and I choosed YES.
How can I come back so i only have tre translation and can save it?

jacana54 (X)
jacana54 (X)  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
You have both files Dec 12, 2009

Hi Corrado,

In the folder you will find that you have:

XYXY.doc which is the original document to be translated, XYXY [MetaTexis].doc where you can see the segments in both languages and XYXY [Final Version].doc which was created after you went on to the next step which is the creation of that final version in the target language only.

Don't worry, I'm sure that you haven't lost anything.

See more
Hi Corrado,

In the folder you will find that you have:

XYXY.doc which is the original document to be translated, XYXY [MetaTexis].doc where you can see the segments in both languages and XYXY [Final Version].doc which was created after you went on to the next step which is the creation of that final version in the target language only.

Don't worry, I'm sure that you haven't lost anything.

Collapse

corrado95
corrado95
Local time: 23:14
TOPIC STARTER
Can't see any folder Dec 12, 2009

I hope it was so well.
I pasted the english text in from a text document.
I haven't done any saving.
The name of the open document is hhhh[Metatexis].doc.
Which folder should I have these files in? I can't see any in MetaTexis folder

jacana54 (X)
jacana54 (X)  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
Let's see... Dec 12, 2009

When you got the document to translate, I presume that you put it somewhere. That's the folder I'm talking about.

When you launched the "Start Assistant" a new [MetaTexis] document was created in that same folder...

And when you created the final version, it went there too.

I'm a bit lost when you say "I haven't done any saving"... I have no experience in working that way.

As to a MetaTexis folder, with that name, you probably have one with the
... See more
When you got the document to translate, I presume that you put it somewhere. That's the folder I'm talking about.

When you launched the "Start Assistant" a new [MetaTexis] document was created in that same folder...

And when you created the final version, it went there too.

I'm a bit lost when you say "I haven't done any saving"... I have no experience in working that way.

As to a MetaTexis folder, with that name, you probably have one with the downloads, TMs and TDBs under "My PC", local disk, program files... but I wouldn't worry about that at this stage.

If all else fails, just start with the original document again (maybe change the name slightly) and the translated segments will pop up from the memory.

I won't be around until Monday but hopefully you will find this now or maybe someone else will be able to give you better ideas.

Good luck and don't give up... you'll get to love MetaTexis as much as I do.

Collapse

Maria Concordia
Maria Concordia  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:14
Spanish to English
turn off "show hidden text" Nov 1, 2010

Open word, go to upper left main menu, click on word options, click display, unclick "hidden text".

When you finish translation and Metatexis creates your final doc. you won t see the source text.

Hope this helps
Maria

Mohammed Abuhuraira Akrami
Mohammed Abuhuraira Akrami  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 02:44
English to Urdu
+ ...
Maria Thanks Feb 1, 2014

Maria Thanks only your suggestions were blind guesses. Thank you once again for your great reply.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Metatexis shows both original text and translation

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »