source segments of translated file has disappeared
Thread poster: Karin Maack
Karin Maack
Karin Maack  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:44
English to German
Feb 9, 2010

I am translating a word file. When I opened it today, the source segments of the already translated part of the text was gone. As soon as I have translated a new segment, the source text is also gone - as if MetaTexis was only producing a cleaned version. Even in finished translations, the sourcetext has becom invisible. Really invisible, because actually it is still there: when I open a translated segment, the source text is visible again.

Is this something new to make the file l
... See more
I am translating a word file. When I opened it today, the source segments of the already translated part of the text was gone. As soon as I have translated a new segment, the source text is also gone - as if MetaTexis was only producing a cleaned version. Even in finished translations, the sourcetext has becom invisible. Really invisible, because actually it is still there: when I open a translated segment, the source text is visible again.

Is this something new to make the file looking less confuse or is it something wrong and I should do something about it? If yes, does anybody know what?

My version number of MetaTexis is 2.972 - 05.01.2010
Thank you for any help.
Collapse

Thomas Dihrberg
Thomas Dihrberg  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to German
+ ...
hidden text Feb 9, 2010

Hi Karin,

Open in Word Tools - Options - then tick the “hidden text” box under the “show” tab. Click on “OK

rgds Thomas

[Editado a las 2010-02-09 12:10 GMT]

Karin Maack
Karin Maack  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Thomas Feb 9, 2010

This did it. I wonder how that happened. Anyway, now it is back to normal.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

source segments of translated file has disappeared

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »