Stefano Crivellaro
Stefano Crivellaro  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:29
Italian to English
+ ...
Feb 25, 2011

Hi all,

is there any way to have MT automatically split a paragraph into two segments when it finds a specific string?

Example: given a paragraph "aaaaaaa bbbbbbb cccc dddd ffffff" I need it to split it into "aaaaaaa bbbbbbb cccc" and "dddd ffffff" whenever the string " cccc" is found in the source text.

I know you can have MT automatically split after e.g. "; " or ". " etc. and that you can define a sequence after which a split is done, but I need to do t
... See more
Hi all,

is there any way to have MT automatically split a paragraph into two segments when it finds a specific string?

Example: given a paragraph "aaaaaaa bbbbbbb cccc dddd ffffff" I need it to split it into "aaaaaaa bbbbbbb cccc" and "dddd ffffff" whenever the string " cccc" is found in the source text.

I know you can have MT automatically split after e.g. "; " or ". " etc. and that you can define a sequence after which a split is done, but I need to do the same using a string that contains more than two characters...

thanks

stef
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

using string as segmentation marker

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »