Mark Berelekhis
Mark Berelekhis  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:20
Russian to English
+ ...
Oct 27, 2011

Hi everybody,

I have Office 2010 and have just downloaded the new, trial version Metatexis.

The client provided me with a rar TM which contained 5 files with the following extensions: IIX, MDF, MTF, MWF, TMW. I don't know what those extensions are, but I assume they are all Trados related somehow. I'm following the video tutorial on metatexis.com, but the problem is that Metatexis doesn't recognize any of these extensions, and I can't seem to find a way to attach the cl
... See more
Hi everybody,

I have Office 2010 and have just downloaded the new, trial version Metatexis.

The client provided me with a rar TM which contained 5 files with the following extensions: IIX, MDF, MTF, MWF, TMW. I don't know what those extensions are, but I assume they are all Trados related somehow. I'm following the video tutorial on metatexis.com, but the problem is that Metatexis doesn't recognize any of these extensions, and I can't seem to find a way to attach the client's TM.

I would really appreciate a step-by-step instruction how to take those 5 files and turn them into a Metatexis TM. TIA.

[Edited at 2011-10-27 18:38 GMT]
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:20
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
2 simple steps Oct 27, 2011

1) You need to convert the Trados TM to the exchange format, i.e. TMX. Open your TM in Trados Workbench and export it to .TMX.

2) Create a new empty Metatexis TM and import the TMX file into it.

HTH,
Natalia

Mark Berelekhis
Mark Berelekhis  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:20
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no access to Trados Oct 27, 2011

Hi Natalie,

My mistake for not articulating my problem correctly. I don't have Trados, so is there another way to convert it to TMX format?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem attaching Trados TMs to Metatexis

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »