Local time: 13:56
Member (2012)
English to French
+ ...
Feb 12, 2014

Dear colleagues,

I would like to have an idea bout the rates for Video Remote Interpreting, VRI

My name is Mireille Agbossoumonde
I am new to VRI even though I have been interpreting over-the phone, OPI for over 4 years.

Thanks in advance for contributions
Mireille Agbossoumonde

LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
Hi. Feb 13, 2014

I don't know where you live, but in the United States, you usually charge a 3 hour minimum, at a regular interpreting rate, like $50-$100/hr on average. If you provide your own equipment you can charge slightly more.

Adjo Agbossoumonde
Adjo Agbossoumonde
United States
Member (2012)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's very helpful Feb 16, 2014

Hi Lilian,

Thank you for info. It's very helpful to know that it's the regular interpreting rate.

on the other hand, I am based in Atlanta, GA

Thanks again,
Mireille Agbossoumonde

LilianNekipelov
LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
Ok. You should use the rates popular in the US. Feb 16, 2014

I had the impression you were form France, only later I looked at the location. Good luck. Always charge a 3 hr minimum, though, because you have to book your time and often decline other ssignments.

[Edited at 2014-02-16 14:08 GMT]

Maria de Jesus
Maria de Jesus
United States
Video Remote Interpreting Sep 25, 2017

Hi,
I would like to ask what are the rates per minute for Healthcare VRInterpreting. I live in San Diego, Ca.
Thanks!
Maria

Getahun Arega

Magamed Aslanov
Magamed Aslanov  Identity Verified
Georgia
English to Russian
Rates for VRI Sep 28, 2017

Hello, everybody,

I have been contacted by expat company from overseas, exactly from Dubai for remote video interpreting. I was offered a flat rate of 25 USD per 40-45 minutes. The company said the will also provide me with translated scripts/subtitles. Is this rate realistic?

I have in-person interpreter experience more than 7 years already. Occasionally, in my interpreter career, I happen to do OPI (Over the phone interpreting). But, I've never rendered any VRI. ... See more
Hello, everybody,

I have been contacted by expat company from overseas, exactly from Dubai for remote video interpreting. I was offered a flat rate of 25 USD per 40-45 minutes. The company said the will also provide me with translated scripts/subtitles. Is this rate realistic?

I have in-person interpreter experience more than 7 years already. Occasionally, in my interpreter career, I happen to do OPI (Over the phone interpreting). But, I've never rendered any VRI.

Please, share your valuable experience with the following stuff:
- What are current rates for VRI? How they vary? Depending on what aspects?
- What industries/countries/companies tend to opt for video remote interpreting?
- What are main challenges?

Thank you all. Any tips will go. I appreciate your comments.
Collapse

Nick Simpson
Nick Simpson
United States
Local time: 10:56
Prices Vary Across The Country Aug 24, 2018

Hello All!

I work for an American Sign Language company based out of Arizona. We offer face to face services there. Recently our owner has chosen to open a nationwide company that offers video remote interpreting. From the research we have done the rates that are paid to interpreters as well as the fees that are charged to clients have a pretty wide range around the country. It is interesting to see how different areas operate and it would seem that $1.95/minute to $3.25/minute seem
... See more
Hello All!

I work for an American Sign Language company based out of Arizona. We offer face to face services there. Recently our owner has chosen to open a nationwide company that offers video remote interpreting. From the research we have done the rates that are paid to interpreters as well as the fees that are charged to clients have a pretty wide range around the country. It is interesting to see how different areas operate and it would seem that $1.95/minute to $3.25/minute seems to be the common range to charge customers, usually with a 15 minute or 30 minute minimum.

However, on the interpreter pay rate there is a pretty big gap, which usually depends if people are being paid as staff to man a vri station or are freelancers picking up jobs as they choose.

Hope this helps,

Nick
Collapse

Jessica Yunez

Patrizia Cipolla
Patrizia Cipolla  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:56
Member (2013)
English to Italian
+ ...
What do you think? Apr 23, 2020

Hi,
I have been offered .65 USD per minute for video remote interpreting in the healthcare sector (English-Italian).
Don't you agree that is ridiculous?
Thanks for your feedback

Julya Brown

Julya Brown
Julya Brown
Local time: 12:56
English to Kurdish
+ ...
The Same here Jul 14, 2020

[quote]Patrizia Cipolla wrote:

Hi,

I have been charged 0.35$ per minute translating from English to Kurdish for multiple content types!

[Edited at 2020-07-14 09:15 GMT]

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) Jul 14, 2020

From Google search, Video Remote Interpreting seems to be related to English and American Sign language only. Is it related to other language pairs as well?

[Edited at 2020-07-14 13:07 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates for Video Remote Interpreting, VRI

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »