Aftermath of Coronavirus - Wuhan
Thread poster: Hiromasa Funaki
DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
Perfect storm: 2% mortality rate Mar 3, 2020

While swine and bird flu did stir the global multibillion demand shaking the stock market and making countries buy obscure stuff, some epidemiologists state that fancy ‘coronavirus’ is but another ghost story, whereas economists consider it a rational explanation for increasing PRC goods prices 2x-3x-5x-10x or more... This summer I’m planning to try and buy a new Tesla or Volt, so it worries me a little.

Hopefully, it will fall in place soon.

... See more
While swine and bird flu did stir the global multibillion demand shaking the stock market and making countries buy obscure stuff, some epidemiologists state that fancy ‘coronavirus’ is but another ghost story, whereas economists consider it a rational explanation for increasing PRC goods prices 2x-3x-5x-10x or more... This summer I’m planning to try and buy a new Tesla or Volt, so it worries me a little.

Hopefully, it will fall in place soon.

Irina, are you really twiceshy of being a translator or just driving Lada-1600? And why exactly should I be ashamed of having three expensive cars? Your offtopic input is oddly short; nonetheless, if a modest wordsmith really can’t see the meaning, my story demonstrated that at certain moments one’s abilities, capabilities, and means is not enough to resolve the issue alone. Suddenly it is more than mere pay at all costs or else.
Collapse

IrinaN
IrinaN
United States
Local time: 03:43
English to Russian
+ ...
Three? Congrats!!! Mar 4, 2020

DZiW wrote:

Irina, are you really twiceshy of being a translator or just driving Lada-1600?

DZIW,

You are having hard time understanding my concept of good manners, and I'm having hard time following your stream of consciousness. Let's leave it at that

Kay-Viktor Stegemann
Kay Denney
Tom in London

Hiromasa Funaki
Hiromasa Funaki  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 17:43
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No response Apr 13, 2020

Reportedly, the lockdown of Wuhan has been lifted since April 8th, but there is no response from the company. I could access one of their server, and confirmed they continued their business at the earliest on March 27th.

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:43
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Continuation Apr 13, 2020

Hiromasa Funaki wrote:
Reportedly, the lockdown of Wuhan has been lifted since April 8th, but there is no response from the company.

Thank you for the update. I will be interested to see how this develops.

Dan

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Aftermath of Coronavirus - Wuhan

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »