Off topic: Help with Belgian trip affairs and messages written in Flemish!
Thread poster: yugoslavia
yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
Local time: 21:58
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 5, 2019

Dear Belgian Colleagues from Proz.com,

This forum is for my colleagues from Belgium and to the colleagues from other countries who live in Belgium. I’m writing to you because I was offered to work as a Spanish interpreter in Georgia, Eastern Europe. We flew from New York to Brussels , Belgium first.

We arrived at The Brussels International Airport. We came to the office of airport security for the airport screening.

We put the luggage that we had when we
... See more
Dear Belgian Colleagues from Proz.com,

This forum is for my colleagues from Belgium and to the colleagues from other countries who live in Belgium. I’m writing to you because I was offered to work as a Spanish interpreter in Georgia, Eastern Europe. We flew from New York to Brussels , Belgium first.

We arrived at The Brussels International Airport. We came to the office of airport security for the airport screening.

We put the luggage that we had when we boarded the Delta Airlines Plane inside a security box and the airport security officers put it through the security machine. I think one of my bags got stuck in one of the machines but I was not aware and I didn't realize this until I was boarding the plane to Tbilisi, Georgia.

We reported this to Delta Airlines and to the office of Lost and Found inside the airport but I don't have news from them yet.

Do you know if this Brussels Airport security zone has surveillance cameras?

I flew a Boeing Plane from Delta Airlines.

Do you know if this type of planes may have interior surveillance cameras?

Here is a link for The Delta Plane that I flew:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/airports-and-aircraft/Aircraft/boeing-737-800-738.html

Do you know think that it could be possible to view these videos in Belgium? I also contacted The Belgian Police to report this but some of them can't speak English well and they are misunderstanding me.

I know the laws are very strict in The United States about the possibility to view these videos. How is this according to Belgian Law?

I'm from Spain but I'm a nationalized American Citizen and I'm currently working in Eastern Europe as a Spanish interpreter for one month and 9 days.

All the information that you can provide me will be greatly appreciated.

Spanish speakers living in Belgium or in other countries of Europe, feel free to write me in Spanish.

Yugoslavia

[Edited at 2019-08-06 21:45 GMT]
Collapse

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:58
Dutch to English
+ ...
Have you lost your luggage? Aug 9, 2019

If so, the airline should sort it out. Are you insured? Your insurance can help too.

I don't think any police force will give you access to video.

yugoslavia
yugoslavia
United States
Local time: 21:58
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mrs. Singer Aug 9, 2019

Hi Mrs. Singer,

I hope you are doing well in London. Thank you so much for your reply to my Forum Post. Yes, our bag got stuck in the security machine when we were doing the airport screening but I realized this when we were already entering the plane to travel to Georgia.

The representatives from the office of Lost and Found sound nice people but I don't think they understand the English messages well.

Do you speak Flemish by any chance?

Th
... See more
Hi Mrs. Singer,

I hope you are doing well in London. Thank you so much for your reply to my Forum Post. Yes, our bag got stuck in the security machine when we were doing the airport screening but I realized this when we were already entering the plane to travel to Georgia.

The representatives from the office of Lost and Found sound nice people but I don't think they understand the English messages well.

Do you speak Flemish by any chance?

They told me that I can request a video. The Airport has cameras but the problem is that we are working in Georgia until September 8th in the night. I can't travel to Belgium yet. Do you use Skype?

The airline is also looking for the bag but they haven't found it yet.

I don't think I have luggage insurance.

Do you know anybody who lives in Belgium?

Please let me know.
Thanks.
Yugoslavia.

[Edited at 2019-08-10 19:25 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with Belgian trip affairs and messages written in Flemish!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »