How can I hide compleat segment
Thread poster: Amuro Ray
Amuro Ray
Amuro Ray
Thailand
May 6, 2020

Hi! every one How can I hide compleat segment,becouse translate segment over 2000+,so I want to hide the segment that I compleat.And remaining show only untranslate segment

[Edited at 2020-05-06 04:03 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:13
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Amuro May 6, 2020

Amuro Ray wrote:
How can I hide completed segments?

This can't be done in OmegaT.

I'm assuming you are talking about a single document with over 2000 segments. One thing you can do is to split the source file into separate files. OmegaT will then translate both the shorter files and the one long file simultaneously.

If the source file is in a format that you can't easily split (most files can't be split easily), you can simply copy the text that is in the Editor pane and paste it into a plaintext file, and then split that file up, and add those files to the project. OmegaT will translate them and the original long file simultaneously.

Or, create a new, blank project, add the source files, and then do a search (Ctrl+F) for "." (a fullstop) with "regular expressions" enabled. The results that appear in the results pane can be copy/pasted to a plain text file, and added to the original project.

Or, if your version of OmegaT has this, go Tools > Scripting > Write Table or Write Source and Target, and the output will be written to the project's "script_output" folder. If you generate a table, it's an HTML table, so open it in a word processor and copy/paste the source column to a text editor, and save.

Gabriel Torem
Gabriel Torem  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 15:13
English to Spanish
+ ...
Another workaround, for a different purpose Jul 19, 2023

Amuro Ray wrote:

Hi! every one How can I hide compleat segment,becouse translate segment over 2000+,so I want to hide the segment that I compleat.And remaining show only untranslate segment

[Edited at 2020-05-06 04:03 GMT]

This helps me find if I forgot to translate some segment.
Ctrl+Shift+F
Find "*" (without quotes),
and tick:
Regular expressions
Untranslated
Project
Main memory

Set the number of matching segments to 10000 (or larger, just in case).

The results come from your memory, but are sorted by file. Navigate to your current file, and see if you forgot any segment.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How can I hide compleat segment

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »