Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Has it ever taken you a few months or even a year to send in an invoice?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 07:19
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Almost 2 years. May 23, 2018

Yes, almost 2 years. That happened because I worked sporadically for a European firm.

I didn't pick their long projects, because I had not enough time for them, so I chose the tiny ones. Logically, I couldn't invoice until I reached the minimum amount to be invoiced and wired to my bank account. They don't use Paypal, so this was another issue added to the whole situation.

Anastasia Grace
Anastasia Grace
Spain
English to Russian
Invoices in time May 23, 2018

I have wonderful habbit to put down all the tracks of any project i have been working on keeping writing the notes until i can see my consideration on my account. So it depends on a person how soon he is willing to have cash.

Maxi Schwarz
Maxi Schwarz  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:19
German to English
+ ...
No May 23, 2018

I have a set routine. I send an invoice at the same time as I send the completed translation. I have an arrangement with a couple of special clients to invoice them at the end of the month, and there is a reminder on my calendar to do so. Checking whether payment has actually been received is a weaker point, but not too much so.

Diana Obermeyer
Diana Obermeyer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:19
Member (2013)
German to English
+ ...
Yes Jun 21, 2018

Most regular clients get one invoice at the end of the month.
Others get it shortly after I deliver the project.

I have one client that gets billed by project, but each project comprises numerous short assignments and can drag on for several months. Sometimes I have 2 or 3 such projects in parralel. Strictly speaking I do invoice shortly after the project is completed, but it could be 3 or 4 months from the first assignment within a project.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Has it ever taken you a few months or even a year to send in an invoice?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »