Availability indicator/switch on mobile app vs. regular profile setting is troublesome
Thread poster: Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:34
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jun 21, 2018

In our profiles we can set 5 different statuses (marked by different colors) for availability for each day, or leave it "Unset", while in the mobile app it is a binary switch. In spite of that, the two things seem to be connected, and as a result, if a person's status is set to ANYTHING ELSE than 100% fully available, it will show up on the mobile app as "unavailable". Could this be fixed, please?
If a search criteria like this is indeed necessary, may I suggest that a person would be cons
... See more
In our profiles we can set 5 different statuses (marked by different colors) for availability for each day, or leave it "Unset", while in the mobile app it is a binary switch. In spite of that, the two things seem to be connected, and as a result, if a person's status is set to ANYTHING ELSE than 100% fully available, it will show up on the mobile app as "unavailable". Could this be fixed, please?
If a search criteria like this is indeed necessary, may I suggest that a person would be considered "Unavailable" only if that is indeed what he/she marked herself in the availability calendar?
And as to the setting, instead of the binary switch that is there now, could we please have a different input method (slider, radio buttons, pull-down or something) to be able to set the same 5 settings (actually 6 with "unset") as we have in our profiles?
This discrepancy of 2 vs. 6 settings is disturbing, and as it is now, I am better off not setting up my availability calendar, because at least in that case I would not show up as "Available: No", as it would show "N/A".
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thanks! Jun 22, 2018

Hello Katalin,

Thanks for your suggestion. Availability settings in mobile will be reviewed. I will post here once I have any news.

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Availability indicator/switch on mobile app vs. regular profile setting is troublesome

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »