ProZ.com homepage button does not work (Staff: fixed)
Thread poster: Andrea Teltemann
Andrea Teltemann
Andrea Teltemann  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:22
French to German
+ ...
Apr 29, 2021

When opening the site today I discovered that I have no direct access to the homepage. When I am on other pages and click on the HOME symbol, I just get the menu (HOMEPAGE, dashboard, my WIWOs etc) but have no access to the homepage. This used to work up to the other day when I was last using the site. Has ProZ modified anything or do I have a PC problem here?

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 14:22
Member (2007)
Turkish to English
+ ...
Same Here Apr 29, 2021

It works the same way as you described on my computer. What I do to go to the home page is to click on the ProZ logo which is at the very top LHS. I do not think you need to worry.

Dalia Nour

Dalia Nour
Dalia Nour  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 13:22
Member (2018)
English to Arabic
+ ...
The same here! Apr 29, 2021

I can't get access to homepage nor to one of "About Proz.com" which exist is in the same dashboard!

Rocío Tempone
Rocío Tempone  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 08:22
English to Spanish
+ ...
Recent changes to the navigation bar Apr 29, 2021

Hello, everyone!

You will find now that all icons and buttons that open drop-down menus have stopped being clickable, as part of recent updates ProZ.com has issued to make the site more accessible to users who utilize assistive technologies to navigate the site. These updates also include changes to the design itself that help make navigation easier in any resolution (desktop computer, laptops, tablets and iPads, cellphones, etc.)

Like Atil mentioned, you can still go b
... See more
Hello, everyone!

You will find now that all icons and buttons that open drop-down menus have stopped being clickable, as part of recent updates ProZ.com has issued to make the site more accessible to users who utilize assistive technologies to navigate the site. These updates also include changes to the design itself that help make navigation easier in any resolution (desktop computer, laptops, tablets and iPads, cellphones, etc.)

Like Atil mentioned, you can still go back to the home page by clicking the ProZ.com logo on the top left corner of the site.

I hope this explains! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know.

Hope you all have a nice day,

Rocío.
Collapse

Andrea Teltemann
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Atil Apr 30, 2021

Thank you very much for your reply and the useful information!

Andrea Teltemann
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bug in the update ? Apr 30, 2021

I would still like to ask you to point out the issue to the ProZ programmers. I’m not sure it makes the site (any site) any easier to use or more accessible if the homepage button doesn’t allow you to get back to the homepage. Please be aware that the item “homepage“ in the drop-down menu is not clickable either. From the UX point of view this is not really acceptable.

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:22
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Can you... Apr 30, 2021

click on the Proz.com icon on the left top corner? It takes you back to the homepage.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thanks, looking into it Apr 30, 2021

Thank you, Andrea, for bringing this to my attention, and everyone else for confirming the issue. One of our developers is fixing this. I'll post back here when the issue has been resolved.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Lucia

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Fixed Apr 30, 2021

Thanks for your patience. The home icon on the site header will now always re-direct you to the home-page --so will the ProZ.com logo on the left side of the header.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com homepage button does not work (Staff: fixed)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »