Discussion for ProZ.com 2016 virtual conference for International Translation Day session (2016): The beauty of machine translation

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com's Virtual Conferences » "Discussion for ProZ.com 2016 virtual conference for International Translation Day session (2016): The beauty of machine translation".
You can see the ProZ.com's virtual conferences page and participate in this discussion from there.

Jordi Iglésias i Puigdomènech
Jordi Iglésias i Puigdomènech
Spain
Local time: 10:47
English to Spanish
+ ...
Interest Sep 28, 2016

I'd be interested in learning about the current status of MT and the views of panelist and translators

Nelly Alejandra Alister
Nelly Alejandra Alister  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 05:47
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Interest Sep 28, 2016

I think it's a very interesting tool and also very useful.

Châu Nguyễn
Châu Nguyễn  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 16:47
Member (2012)
English to Vietnamese
+ ...
Machine translation can be the future of the translation industry Sep 30, 2016

The tool is indeed powerful. The tool has great potential. As is any other tools, it has its risks. Fathom the risks, aim for the sky, we are the users, the power is in our hands. Use it wisely.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Discussion for ProZ.com 2016 virtual conference for International Translation Day session (2016): The beauty of machine translation

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »