Discussion for Marketing & Recruitment day session (2016): How to Sell More: Effective Sales Strategies for Translators and Interpreters

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com's Virtual Conferences » "Discussion for Marketing & Recruitment day session (2016): How to Sell More: Effective Sales Strategies for Translators and Interpreters".
You can see the ProZ.com's virtual conferences page and participate in this discussion from there.

Victoria Farina
Victoria Farina
Italy
Local time: 16:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great presentation! Sep 28, 2016

Thank you very much, Paul! It's really useful!

traductorjy
traductorjy
Peru
Local time: 10:20
English to Spanish
Very experienced translator and good communicator Sep 28, 2016

Thanks so much for your disposition to teach the secrets of the succes!

Lorena Ibacache
Lorena Ibacache
Chile
Local time: 12:20
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank yOU, Paul! Sep 29, 2016

For all the tips and for share your own personal experience! Great sound and video quality too!

Vadim Kadyrov
Vadim Kadyrov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 17:20
English to Russian
+ ...
It was a kind of revelation Sep 29, 2016

that Google Ads was a powerful tool for promoting Paul`s translation business. For me it wasn`t. What I got actually was a lot of spam being sent to my e-mail up to this day. I am strongly convinced now that Google Ads is much better for more commoditized services or products, or services/products that are unique in terms of either location, offer, or sophistication, etc. (so-called "Blue Ocean" products or services). One of the reasons for this can be the fact that you can`t insert much info in... See more
that Google Ads was a powerful tool for promoting Paul`s translation business. For me it wasn`t. What I got actually was a lot of spam being sent to my e-mail up to this day. I am strongly convinced now that Google Ads is much better for more commoditized services or products, or services/products that are unique in terms of either location, offer, or sophistication, etc. (so-called "Blue Ocean" products or services). One of the reasons for this can be the fact that you can`t insert much info into this Procrustean bed of symbols imposed by Google Ads. It may be OK for wheat, or oil, or for a translation company with no competitors within 100 square miles.

Anyway, the video is quite good. It is rather inspiring, really. You sometimes need a push like this to freshen you strategy.

[Edited at 2016-09-29 15:29 GMT]
Collapse

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:20
Spanish to English
+ ...
Google AdWords....moving target Sep 29, 2016

Vadim - I have found AdWords can likewise range widely in terms of their success. A lot is related to the factors you indicate - location, competition etc. But Ive found that, to get adwords working well for you...takes a lot of time/effort/work. Investigating key words competitiveness, setting floors/ceilings properly, using not only key words but negative words and more to really dial in your target audience. This, lamentably, doesn't come free. I have often started campaigns with as lit... See more
Vadim - I have found AdWords can likewise range widely in terms of their success. A lot is related to the factors you indicate - location, competition etc. But Ive found that, to get adwords working well for you...takes a lot of time/effort/work. Investigating key words competitiveness, setting floors/ceilings properly, using not only key words but negative words and more to really dial in your target audience. This, lamentably, doesn't come free. I have often started campaigns with as little as $10 a day to make sure it is "working" and dialed in properly...then ramp up accordingly....but one could "waste" a few hundred dollars trying to figure it all out.

Drew
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Discussion for Marketing & Recruitment day session (2016): How to Sell More: Effective Sales Strategies for Translators and Interpreters

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »