Thread poster: Yakov Katsman
Yakov Katsman
Yakov Katsman  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:01
Member (2016)
English to Russian
Jun 14, 2020

Another scam with advance check (no PayPal option).
Old 2017 EC economic report very actual during COVID-19.
Below is email from ([email protected])
File also attached.
I usually "loose" first check and ask sent it via FEDEX. Sometimes it works - this way we can support our economy during crisis.

Hello and how are you doing today? My name is Elizabeth Julieth, I'm an outsourcer and I found your contact on ATANET and I need a document translated
... See more
Another scam with advance check (no PayPal option).
Old 2017 EC economic report very actual during COVID-19.
Below is email from ([email protected])
File also attached.
I usually "loose" first check and ask sent it via FEDEX. Sometimes it works - this way we can support our economy during crisis.

Hello and how are you doing today? My name is Elizabeth Julieth, I'm an outsourcer and I found your contact on ATANET and I need a document translated from English to Russian

Kindly find attached document and get back if available to translate. You check the word count and get back to me with your charges/rate and then we can proceed. I need the document ready within 1 month from now.

Thank you

Stay safe from Covid-19
Collapse

Liviu-Lee Roth

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:01
Danish to English
+ ...
Crime Jun 14, 2020

I'd give the whole thing unopened to the police so they can fingerprint the inside before it's contaminated and perhaps try to trace it back via FedEx if you manage to get it that way.

I know Liviu-Lee Roth believes it isn't worth the trouble and it may well not be, but only if enough people report such financial crime is there any chance of an investigation.

Liviu-Lee Roth
Aline Amorim
Thayenga

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Old 2017 EC economic report translation scam

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »