https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/236077-studio_2011_compile_error.html

Studio 2011 "compile error"
Thread poster: michiko tsum (X)
michiko tsum (X)
michiko tsum (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:51
English to Japanese
Oct 26, 2012

Hi there,

I work with Studio 2011 Freelance on Window 7, and use Office 2010.

It was working fine until I installed Service Pack 2 a little while ago. Then I started to get these error messages when I start Word.

"The macro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your Macro security settings"

And when I close the Word,

"Compile error in hidden module: MTInsertFunctions."

I know there has been discussion here
... See more
Hi there,

I work with Studio 2011 Freelance on Window 7, and use Office 2010.

It was working fine until I installed Service Pack 2 a little while ago. Then I started to get these error messages when I start Word.

"The macro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your Macro security settings"

And when I close the Word,

"Compile error in hidden module: MTInsertFunctions."

I know there has been discussion here about a similar problem and I found a solution for a similar problem on SDL Knowledge base. But that was for "compile error in hidden module: Auto exe" and that didn't solve my problem.

When I go to Word options, Add-ins, templates, the "Trados8.dotm" is not checked. Multiterm seems to be working ok. When I tried to check the "TRADOS8.dotm", the document froze so I'm not trying that again.

This seems to be a known problem but I couldn't find any other solutions offered from SDL except one for the auto exe.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!
Collapse

Marcella S.
Marcella S.  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 07:51
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I get the same error Dec 27, 2012

Hi there,

I get the same error, just installed MS Office 2010, started using Word, not even using Trados, and get this error.

Not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Marcella

marcinkucharski
marcinkucharski
Poland
Local time: 21:51
Polish to English
+ ...
Compile error Jan 27, 2013

I've got the same? Perhaps someone have already solved the issue?

Win8
Trados Studio 2011
Office 2010

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Known Issue Jan 27, 2013

Hi,

Check out the following link: http://pol.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/222565-word_experienced_a_serious_problem_with_multiterm8dotm_studio_2011_user-page3.html#2002430

HTH,

Bernard

michiko tsum (X)
Canada
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Haven't solved the problem yet but keep working for now Jan 27, 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the link Bernard. When I first run into this problem I researched on the web and came across a few solutions that worked for others. But I couldn't find anything for "MTInsertfunctions" message. Unfortunately, none of those solution worked for me.

I found that I can still use Trados 2011 (definately not 2007) on Word docs. When I open and close Word, I jsut either click "OK" or "X". It's an extra effort everytime but at least Word works.

... See more
Hi,

Thanks for the link Bernard. When I first run into this problem I researched on the web and came across a few solutions that worked for others. But I couldn't find anything for "MTInsertfunctions" message. Unfortunately, none of those solution worked for me.

I found that I can still use Trados 2011 (definately not 2007) on Word docs. When I open and close Word, I jsut either click "OK" or "X". It's an extra effort everytime but at least Word works.

I don't see why either SDL or Microsoft offers a solution for these known problems instead of asking for you to pay more for "technical support".

Thanks,

Michiko
Collapse

John Willemsen
John Willemsen  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:51
Dutch to English
+ ...
A sure fire way to get rid of the message... Feb 13, 2013

Is to navigate to

C:\ > Users > [username] > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > Word > STARTUP

and delete the template in this location. MultiTerm will no longer exist in Word as an add-in, but at least you'll get rid of those error messages. Besides, it's not like MT is functional now, anyway. A backup of this template exists in

C:\ Program Files (x86) > SDL > MultiTerm > MultiTerm8/9 > Templates

so you can restore it later, if need be.
... See more
Is to navigate to

and delete the template in this location. MultiTerm will no longer exist in Word as an add-in, but at least you'll get rid of those error messages. Besides, it's not like MT is functional now, anyway. A backup of this template exists in

I believe the error is produced because of compatibility problems between SDL and Office 64-bit.(?)
Collapse

Michael T
Michael T  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:51
Spanish to English
+ ...
Worked!! Feb 16, 2013

Hello,

Thank you so much for this solution, worked like a charm!

I'd been struggling with this exact same problem for a few months and finally decided to do something about it. It started off with just the messages "Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec" appearing when I started Word up and "Compile error in hidden module: MTInsertFunctions." when exiting. After a while all these annoying "The macro cannot be found or has been disabled" messages kept appearing and dr
... See more
Hello,

Thank you so much for this solution, worked like a charm!

I'd been struggling with this exact same problem for a few months and finally decided to do something about it. It started off with just the messages "Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec" appearing when I started Word up and "Compile error in hidden module: MTInsertFunctions." when exiting. After a while all these annoying "The macro cannot be found or has been disabled" messages kept appearing and driving me crazy...

Anyway, long story short I followed your exact instructions and deleted the the multiterm template files in that directory (I couldn't find the AppData folder at first, I assume it's a hidden folder or something, but if you type it into run it should come up).

After that all the messages disappeared! Thank God for that...

John Willemsen wrote:

Is to navigate to

I believe the error is produced because of compatibility problems between SDL and Office 64-bit.(?)
Collapse

michiko tsum (X)
Canada
English to Japanese
TOPIC STARTER
Worked for me, too! Feb 19, 2013

Thank you, John. It worked! It's so nice not to get those annoying messages!

Virginie Thorel
Virginie Thorel
English to French
+ ...
Thanks!!! Jun 24, 2013

Worked for me too! Thanks a lot, I was quite annoyed to see those messages pop up each time I opened a document today!

Shakurazz
Shakurazz
Lithuania
Local time: 22:51
So no solution? Aug 29, 2013

So no solution to keep MultiTerm macro working without removing it?

Karen Zeng
Karen Zeng  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 03:51
English to Chinese
+ ...
Worked for me too Jul 6, 2014

John Willemsen wrote:

Is to navigate to

Thank you, John!

FYI
If you have installed Studio 2014, you'll find a Word file named "Installing the SDL MultiTerm Template for Microsoft Word 2007-2013" under C:\Program Files (x86)\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTerm11\Templates (mine is x64 OS). It says "Note that the MultiTerm integration template supports 32-bit versions of Microsoft Word only. This is by design."

Hope this will be helpful.

[Edited at 2014-07-06 23:51 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 "compile error"

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »