Enrique Chi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:03
Member (2015)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 5, 2016

Hello all:

I have created lots of return packages with subfolders before, but I don't know why this one is different.

On the SDL "Files" view, I click on the top level project name and the File list pane shows the files on that top level. I select all those files. When I click on the "Create Return Package" icon, only those files show up in the list of files to be included in the package, and I have no option to add the subfolder.

On previous projects, if I
... See more
Hello all:

I have created lots of return packages with subfolders before, but I don't know why this one is different.

On the SDL "Files" view, I click on the top level project name and the File list pane shows the files on that top level. I select all those files. When I click on the "Create Return Package" icon, only those files show up in the list of files to be included in the package, and I have no option to add the subfolder.

On previous projects, if I clicked on the top level I could click on "Create Return Package" and all the files would be selected for the package. I don't know why if I don't select files, the Icon to create return package is grayed out.

If I click on the subfolder and select all the files there, I get the reverse situation. All the files in the subfolder appear in the list of files to add to the package, and I have no way to add the files on the top level.

I appreciate your help. This has to be something really stupid that I'm missing.

Regards,
Enrique
Collapse

Enrique Chi
Enrique Chi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:03
Member (2015)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found the solution Apr 5, 2016

I knew it was something stupid. I had not seen the checkmark "Include subfolders" that appears below the project tree. I marked it, and now all the files appear on the file list pane, so I can create my return package.

I feel a bit dumb, but glad I figured it out.

Regards,
Enrique

Dialekt
Dialekt  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:03
Member (2007)
English to Polish
+ ...
Enrique, you're not alone - thank you for your post Jul 11, 2020

Actually, your post is quite useful. I had the same problem and managed to solve it thanks to you. As you can see, you're not alone.

Take care!
Wojciech

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help creating a return package when project has subfolder

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »