Valerijs Svincovs
Valerijs Svincovs  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 11:48
English to Latvian
+ ...
Feb 13, 2018

Hello everyone,
I have been having an issue with SDL Trados Studio 2017 SR1 concordance function. As an example: when trying to look up the word "screed", all I am getting are matches for "screen", although there are entries in the TM (I can find them in the Translation Memories view). Finally, it seems I managed to solve it by changing the Minimum match value for Concordance Search to 100%, restarting Studio and then having to change it again for some reason.
However, I think it ma
... See more
Hello everyone,
I have been having an issue with SDL Trados Studio 2017 SR1 concordance function. As an example: when trying to look up the word "screed", all I am getting are matches for "screen", although there are entries in the TM (I can find them in the Translation Memories view). Finally, it seems I managed to solve it by changing the Minimum match value for Concordance Search to 100%, restarting Studio and then having to change it again for some reason.
However, I think it may be useful to have fuzzy matches in the Concordance search sometimes, but yet it would be nice to find exact matches too. What is the reasoning of displaying something that I am not looking for before something that I am? In this example looking for "screed", but getting "screed". Is this some feature of Studio that I have not understood correctly?
Thanks for any advice!
Collapse

Valerijs Svincovs
Valerijs Svincovs  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 11:48
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Edit: problem persists Feb 18, 2018

Edit:
I meant "In this example looking for "screed", but getting "screen". Is this some feature of Studio that I have not understood correctly?"

After several days I can confirm the problem persists. The minimum match value is set at 100%, but I still get "meeting" instead of "sheeting" (searching with the quotes) and so on in the Concordance search result.
I get that I can restart Studio several times to make this problem go away temporarily, but wonder if that really
... See more
Edit:
I meant "In this example looking for "screed", but getting "screen". Is this some feature of Studio that I have not understood correctly?"

After several days I can confirm the problem persists. The minimum match value is set at 100%, but I still get "meeting" instead of "sheeting" (searching with the quotes) and so on in the Concordance search result.
I get that I can restart Studio several times to make this problem go away temporarily, but wonder if that really is the correct workflow in Studio 2017?
Collapse

Nora Diaz
Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 02:48
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Similar issue reported in the SDL Community Feb 19, 2018

Hi Valerius,

Something similar has come up recently in the SDL Community. I suggest checking out this thread: https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/90/t/16961

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:48
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
A workaround (not a real solution) Feb 19, 2018

This is just a workaround:

Install Xbench (for this the free 2.9 version would be sufficient) and load on the same Studio translation memories (and bilingual files) you are using in your project.

At that point you can use Xbench to search for perfect concordance matches. Remember to save your project files in Studio frequently, and to reload periodically your Xbench project (since otherwise the matches you'd get would be limited to the status of your memory and files wh
... See more
This is just a workaround:

Install Xbench (for this the free 2.9 version would be sufficient) and load on the same Studio translation memories (and bilingual files) you are using in your project.

At that point you can use Xbench to search for perfect concordance matches. Remember to save your project files in Studio frequently, and to reload periodically your Xbench project (since otherwise the matches you'd get would be limited to the status of your memory and files when you first loaded them in Xbench).

With the paid version of Xbench you could do it all semi-automatically, as Xbench 3.0 can be integrated with Studio.
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio 2017 concordance exact matches

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »