Mark Nathan
Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:04
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Sep 27, 2020

I have been happily using Trados 2021, but had an unpleasant surprise today when it informed that a TM could not been opened, and that the "translation memory data file is corrupt".

I ran it through the "TM repair" plug-in but that had no effect.

Any ideas? This is very worrying as the TM has years of translations in it.

Regards,
Mark

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Try to export the TM ... Sep 27, 2020

... and (re-) import it in a new TM. That would be my first approach. Hope, that may help!

Mark Nathan
France
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Cannot open it Sep 27, 2020

I cannot even open it in "Translation Memory" mode, so there does not appear to be a way of exporting it.

I get this message:

Capture

Mark Nathan
France
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved ? Sep 27, 2020

OK, I seem to have solved it! Thanks to Microsoft One Drive I can right click on the TM file and look at a version history. I then restored a version from a few days ago which now seems to be working.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM is corrupt

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »