jfabre
jfabre  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 14:21
German to French
+ ...
Dec 14, 2020

Hi,

I'm a long-term user of MemoQ but from time to time, one of my clients asks me to do projects on their SDL Studio 2021 server. I havn't had big issues with it so far. I'm now awaiting a big proofreading project (in Studio) consisting of several files. MemoQ has a function that allows to work on several files at once (which is very useful for checking segment consistency for example). I've tried and looked for a way to work with several files at the same time in Studio, but could
... See more
Hi,

I'm a long-term user of MemoQ but from time to time, one of my clients asks me to do projects on their SDL Studio 2021 server. I havn't had big issues with it so far. I'm now awaiting a big proofreading project (in Studio) consisting of several files. MemoQ has a function that allows to work on several files at once (which is very useful for checking segment consistency for example). I've tried and looked for a way to work with several files at the same time in Studio, but couldn't find anything so far (the batch functions don't seem to do what I'm looking for). What am I missing?
How do you check consistency (segment/terminology) through several files? How do you do the propagation after you've changed a segment in one file that repeats itself in each file? (and so on...)

Thanks in advance for your help!
Collapse

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
Hi Jfabre Dec 14, 2020

Did you manage to open all files together?
After clicking on the project name, you should see the list of all files. Highlight all files and the hit "open for review". This will open all files together.
What I do when reviewing multiple files is opening all files together for review and changing the segments status to draft, if the segments are already confirmed. Like this my changes will be reflected in all segments.
I'm not sure it is the standard procedure, but it works.
... See more
Did you manage to open all files together?
After clicking on the project name, you should see the list of all files. Highlight all files and the hit "open for review". This will open all files together.
What I do when reviewing multiple files is opening all files together for review and changing the segments status to draft, if the segments are already confirmed. Like this my changes will be reflected in all segments.
I'm not sure it is the standard procedure, but it works.

[Edited at 2020-12-14 13:38 GMT]
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Alessandra Cazzola

jfabre
jfabre  Identity Verified
Sweden
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your input! Dec 14, 2020

Hi Elena,

Thanks for your input!
I havn't got the files yet but when I do, I'll definitely try that.
Is there a way to change the segment status in all files at once or do I have to go in each file and change the status there?
It does seem that SDL studio doesn't have anything similar to what I'm looking for, does it?
Thanks in advance!

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
. Dec 14, 2020

When you have the files you can open them all at once and see if their status is confirmed or not. If it is, you can select all segments with Ctrl+Shift+End, then right click and change the status.
Good luck!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reviewing several files

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »