Has anyone here at ProZ solved the problem that Wordfinder Pro 10 is not compatible with Windows 10?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 08:59
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 10, 2019

I am trying to move my desktop version of Wordfinder, Wordfinder Pro 10, from my old computer with Windows 7 to my new computer with Windows 10, but get several error messages when I after the installation tries to launch Wordfinder on Windows 10. Th... See more
I am trying to move my desktop version of Wordfinder, Wordfinder Pro 10, from my old computer with Windows 7 to my new computer with Windows 10, but get several error messages when I after the installation tries to launch Wordfinder on Windows 10. Then I found this solution:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/error-message-cannot-create-a-multiple-user-file/041cf4eb-27ae-4386-85c7-c3e37dbd93d1

But what does Hans mean more precisely when he says he run the "compatibility troubleshooter in the shortcut"?

Has anyone solved this yet? At least there seem to be a solution that works for someone with Wordfinder.
Collapse

Rolf Keller
Rolf Keller
Germany
English to German
The context menu is your friend Aug 11, 2019

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

But what does Hans mean more precisely when he says he run the "compatibility troubleshooter in the shortcut"?

Put a shortcut for the .exe file of the program you want to run onto the desktop.
Then right-click this shortcut. A context menu will pop up, then. Choose "compatibility troubleshooter" (or something like that) from that menu.

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, context menu worked Aug 12, 2019

Thanks Rolf, it worked fine to do as you said. I can use Wordfinder in Windows 10 now without any problems at all.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Has anyone here at ProZ solved the problem that Wordfinder Pro 10 is not compatible with Windows 10?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »