Miho Matsumoto
Miho Matsumoto
Spain
Local time: 21:19
Spanish to Japanese
+ ...
Apr 6, 2020

Hello,

Does anybody know how to hide tags as “\an2” or similar in the software SubtitleEdit?

Thank you in advance.

Sandra Cravero
Sandra Cravero  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 17:19
English to Spanish
Hiding tags in SubtitleEdit Apr 6, 2020

Hi, Miho.

I hope you're doing well given the circumstances.

Please, check this link https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subtitleedit/issues/2247

"To remove all tags, you can always Ctrl A > RMB > Normal (remove formatting). But for temporally "hide" them from the view, yes, this might be something comfortable for eyes, but can also be dangerous w
... See more
Hi, Miho.

I hope you're doing well given the circumstances.

Please, check this link https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subtitleedit/issues/2247

"To remove all tags, you can always Ctrl A > RMB > Normal (remove formatting). But for temporally "hide" them from the view, yes, this might be something comfortable for eyes, but can also be dangerous while trying to edit subs, because it will make things messy easily without noticing formatting errors."

I hope it helps.

Best wishes,
Sandra
Collapse

Miho Matsumoto

Miho Matsumoto
Miho Matsumoto
Spain
Local time: 21:19
Spanish to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good answer Apr 8, 2020

Hola Sandra,

Muchísimas gracias por tu pronta respuesta, que me ha servido para dar una solución.

Espero que te encuentres también bien dentro de lo que cabe, bajo estas especiales circunstancias.

Saludos desde España

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to hide “tags” in SubtitleEdit

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »