Catherine Skala
Catherine Skala  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 13:43
Member (2014)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Dec 18, 2017

Jag fick just en förfrågan från en engelsk översättningsbyrå om att översätta två juridiska texter (äktenskapsförord och vigselbevis) och de bad mig även signera översättningen och ange annan information om mig själv på samtliga sidor i översättningen. Då sa jag att de borde anlita en auktoriserad översättare istället. Då svarade de att de "auktoriserar/certifierar" översättningen själva även om jag inte är auktoriserad översättare genom att stämpla översättninge... See more
Jag fick just en förfrågan från en engelsk översättningsbyrå om att översätta två juridiska texter (äktenskapsförord och vigselbevis) och de bad mig även signera översättningen och ange annan information om mig själv på samtliga sidor i översättningen. Då sa jag att de borde anlita en auktoriserad översättare istället. Då svarade de att de "auktoriserar/certifierar" översättningen själva även om jag inte är auktoriserad översättare genom att stämpla översättningen med sin företagsstämpel, vilket jag tyckte lät rätt konstigt. Eller är det möjligt att göra på det viset? Vad skulle ni göra?Collapse

Vanda Nissen
Vanda Nissen  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 22:43
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Yes Dec 19, 2017

Hi Catherine,

Yes, it is possible. I know that in Sweden one needs to be an 'auktoriserad översättare', the same in Denmark and Australia. However, in some countries, i.e. UK, New Zealand they do not have this option, that is why agencies can certify someone else's translations. I hope, it helps.

Tomasz Sienicki
Tomasz Sienicki  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2007)
Danish to Polish
+ ...
Det sker Dec 19, 2017

I have also been asked to sign my translations, two times actually, even though I am not a sworn translator. The end clients rejected the suggestion to contact a sworn translator; they explained that it was to make sure the agency wouldn't send them a machine translated text. I suspect it might be a new trend...

I did agree to sign the translations; I put my name, my stamp and my signature under the text, along with the note "Disclaimer: It is not a sworn translation." And I charged
... See more
I have also been asked to sign my translations, two times actually, even though I am not a sworn translator. The end clients rejected the suggestion to contact a sworn translator; they explained that it was to make sure the agency wouldn't send them a machine translated text. I suspect it might be a new trend...

I did agree to sign the translations; I put my name, my stamp and my signature under the text, along with the note "Disclaimer: It is not a sworn translation." And I charged +100% for the service.

Both end clients were Danish companies.
Collapse

Catherine Skala
Catherine Skala  Identity Verified
Belgium
Member (2014)
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your replies Dec 21, 2017

Thank you both, this helps a great deal!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Anna Herbst[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Signera översättning

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »