Newbie question on TMs ("approved" checkbox)
Thread poster: Fiona Grace Peterson
Fiona Grace Peterson
Fiona Grace Peterson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:01
Italian to English
Nov 27, 2013

Please forgive my very basic question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

When I translate a segment and am happy with my translation I check the "Approved" box - does this automatically enter my translation into the TM? And if I later decide to make changes to this "approved" segment, when I again check the "approved" box does it automatically overwrite my previous translation?

I must say I'm not wild about the User Guide; for a beginner who's not ver
... See more
Please forgive my very basic question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

When I translate a segment and am happy with my translation I check the "Approved" box - does this automatically enter my translation into the TM? And if I later decide to make changes to this "approved" segment, when I again check the "approved" box does it automatically overwrite my previous translation?

I must say I'm not wild about the User Guide; for a beginner who's not very CAT literate, it's not always very clear.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Collapse

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:01
English to Spanish
Write enabled database Nov 27, 2013

Fiona Peterson wrote:
When I translate a segment and am happy with my translation I check the "Approved" box - does this automatically enter my translation into the TM?

If you have a write-enabled database, your translation is stored in it when you approve the segment.

And if I later decide to make changes to this "approved" segment, when I again check the "approved" box does it automatically overwrite my previous translation?

If you have a write-enabled database, the translation is automatically updated.

Regards,
Rodolfo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Newbie question on TMs ("approved" checkbox)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »