Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 23:41
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Aug 1, 2017

Hello all,
Just checking whether anyone is going to the FIT in Brisbane and would like to meet up?
Kristina

Nicola Thayil
Nicola Thayil  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2012)
French to English
FIT conference Aug 1, 2017

Hi Kristina
I will be there
Nicola

Kristina Wolf
Australia
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Let's stay in touch Aug 1, 2017

Great, I made a note of your mobile phone number. If we don't bump into each other by chance, I am planning to give you a buzz and we can meet up if you are interested.
Given that apparently we will be distributed by last names for the networking event, we might end up on the same boat as well...

[Edited at 2017-08-01 06:08 GMT]

Patricia Will
Patricia Will  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 20:41
Member (2004)
German to English
FIT in Brisbane Aug 1, 2017

Yes I will be there too Kristina and we will be on the same boat. Will email you my mobile number too.
Patricia Will

Guofei_LIN
Guofei_LIN  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 22:41
Chinese
FIT Oct 10, 2017

I went to FIT for the whole three days. Personally I felt the event was mostly a waste of time and money for a freelance translator like myself except for the PD points. I wonder what others feel, maybe somebody have some positive experience to share?

Kristina Wolf
Australia
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Really useful for me Oct 11, 2017

Hi Goufei,

Sorry to hear you felt that the FIT congress was a waste of time. For me it was the opposite.
- A chance to meet other translators and interpreters working in my language pairs and in the same region.
- Interesting talks on a variety of subjects, most importantly for me the ones that talk about the future technological developments and the insight into the client perspective.
- A good overview over where the profession stands in the different parts of t
... See more
Hi Goufei,

Sorry to hear you felt that the FIT congress was a waste of time. For me it was the opposite.
- A chance to meet other translators and interpreters working in my language pairs and in the same region.
- Interesting talks on a variety of subjects, most importantly for me the ones that talk about the future technological developments and the insight into the client perspective.
- A good overview over where the profession stands in the different parts of the world
And finally a lot of fun talking to people who do exactly what you do and understand where you are coming from!

Kristina
Collapse

Guofei_LIN
Guofei_LIN  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 22:41
Chinese
Not the same experience. Oct 11, 2017

Kristina Wolf wrote:

Hi Goufei,

- A good overview over where the profession stands in the different parts of the world
And finally a lot of fun talking to people who do exactly what you do and understand where you are coming from!

Kristina

OK, thanks.

Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

POWOW/AUSIT QLD Networking Dec 22, 2017

There are a couple of events in January, hope to meet some other Brisbane translators there!

https://www.proz.com/powwow/6454

https://ausit.org/Shared_Content/Events/Event_Display.aspx?EventKey=QLD180120

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Anna Herbst[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

FIT in Brisbane, anyone else going?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »