Have sent out the application for transition to the certification system, now what?
Thread poster: Guofei_LIN
Guofei_LIN
Guofei_LIN  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 22:13
Chinese
Mar 1, 2018

I have sent out my application for transition from NAATI's accreditation system to the new certification system to the email address contained in the application form and have included my work practice logbook as required, I have marked my message as 'high importance' and requested a Read Receipt, but I have not received any Read Receipt nor any acknowledgement, is this normal? Should I just wait and do nothing? How long would this process take? Any advice is appreciated.

Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

It might be best to give them a call Mar 1, 2018

I found calling and talking to the NAATI staff about my situation very helpful.

Instead of the 4-6 wait period, my transfer was settled very swiftly!

Best wishes!

DJH

Guofei_LIN
Australia
Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 1, 2018

DJHartmann wrote:

I found calling and talking to the NAATI staff about my situation very helpful.

Instead of the 4-6 wait period, my transfer was settled very swiftly!

Best wishes!

DJH

4-6 weeks? In that case I think I will talk to them. Not that I'm in a hurry or anything, but I don't want to find out in 4-6 weeks that they didn't receive my email in the first place! Thanks!

Guofei_LIN
Australia
Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Received NAATI certification certificate Mar 29, 2018

I received NAATI certification certificate today. There is just one minor concern:

Previously, my accreditation expires in August 2018. And when I click my 'accreditation history', it still says: 'Valid from 10 Aug 2015 to 10 Aug 2018'

However, the certificate tells me that my new certification expires in 2021.

I guess that means I do not need to submit any re-certification documents this August, and can wait till 2021 to submit the documents, right? I gue
... See more
I received NAATI certification certificate today. There is just one minor concern:

Previously, my accreditation expires in August 2018. And when I click my 'accreditation history', it still says: 'Valid from 10 Aug 2015 to 10 Aug 2018'

However, the certificate tells me that my new certification expires in 2021.

I guess that means I do not need to submit any re-certification documents this August, and can wait till 2021 to submit the documents, right? I guess it also means that all the PD points I earned over the last two years are now worthless.
Collapse

Anna Herbst
Anna Herbst  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 23:13
English to Swedish
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Change of name Mar 29, 2018

Hi Guofei,

Congratulations on your new NAATI certification.

One of the differences between the old and new NAATI credentials is the change of names. What used to be Accreditation is now called Certification.

Your old accreditation is valid until its expiry date when your new certification replaces it for the next three years. The PD points you earned over the past two years went towards your 2018 - 2021 certification.

In future, you will have
... See more
Hi Guofei,

Congratulations on your new NAATI certification.

One of the differences between the old and new NAATI credentials is the change of names. What used to be Accreditation is now called Certification.

Your old accreditation is valid until its expiry date when your new certification replaces it for the next three years. The PD points you earned over the past two years went towards your 2018 - 2021 certification.

In future, you will have to apply for recertification every three years, showing that you are actively working in T/I and that you have undertaken the required amount of CPD in the preceding three-year period in order to be considered for recertification.

If you are not sure about how the new system works, I suggest you contact NAATI and ask them what you need to do to retain your certification.

Best wishes,
Anna
Collapse

Guofei_LIN
Australia
Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 29, 2018

Thank you for the explanation, Anna. I'm glad I don't need to worry about re-validation again between now and 2021.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Anna Herbst[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Have sent out the application for transition to the certification system, now what?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »