Vera Kouzemina
Belgium
Local time: 16:45
Member (2010)
French to Russian
+ ...
Sep 4, 2016

Bonjour chers collègues,
est-ce que quelqu'un parmi vous a déjà été contacté par cette Association (ACMSI) qui se trouverait à Canada (Gatineau)? Voici leur site : http://association-contre-maltraitance-souffrance-infantiles.org/ Si oui, quelles sont vos impressions? Merci d'avance pour tous vos commentaires!

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 15:45
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Bonjour, chère collègue Sep 4, 2016

Je ne les connais pas, mais mon expérience est que les associations comme celle-ci sont généralement à la recherche de traducteurs bénévoles…

Vera Kouzemina
Vera Kouzemina
Belgium
Member (2010)
French to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Salarié en télétravail Sep 4, 2016

Oui, ce serait plus compréhensible. Mais qu'est-ce qu'il faut penser s'ils proposent un "poste de traducteur salarié en situation de télétravail" ?

Tara Salman (X)
Tara Salman (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:45
French to English
Not a real organization Sep 4, 2016

If you cannot find it on the CIDREQ search engine, it's probably a scam:

See more
If you cannot find it on the CIDREQ search engine, it's probably a scam:

https://www.registreentreprises.gouv.qc.ca/RQAnonymeGR/GR/GR03/GR03A2_19A_PIU_RechEnt_PC/PageRechSimple.aspx?T1.CodeService=S00436&Clng=F&WT.co_f=2cda08a593a5eff76fb1473018704512

It's a scam because I could not find it on CIDREQ. And the website is not very professional.

[Edited at 2016-09-04 20:56 GMT]
Collapse

Tara Salman (X)
Tara Salman (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:45
French to English
report them Sep 4, 2016

I would report this organization to Internet authorities:

The organization lists its tax number as:
107600132 RA0007

I cannot find this number on CIDREQ, so:

Contact the RCMP about them:

Ask the solicitor for the registered charitable tax number of the charity. Question any discrepancies. Confirm the charity’s registration information through the Canada Revenue Agency (1-800-267-2384).

To file a police complaint, contact yo
... See more
I would report this organization to Internet authorities:

The organization lists its tax number as:
107600132 RA0007

I cannot find this number on CIDREQ, so:

Contact the RCMP about them:

Ask the solicitor for the registered charitable tax number of the charity. Question any discrepancies. Confirm the charity’s registration information through the Canada Revenue Agency (1-800-267-2384).

To file a police complaint, contact your local police force. To ensure that your complaint information is shared with other law enforcement agencies, also file a report with the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre by calling 1-888-495-8501.

http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/
Collapse

Vera Kouzemina
Vera Kouzemina
Belgium
Member (2010)
French to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Very helpful Sep 5, 2016

Thank you very much, Tara! It's very helpful information. I will try to report them. Thanks again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
NancyLynn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recrutement des traducteurs : arnaque?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »