Manuela Junghans  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:38
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Jan 22, 2011

Hello everyone

I was wondering if some of you have been to the Birmingham spring fair before.

Looking at their website it looks like there will be quite a few exhibitors from a variety of backgrounds.

I was wondering if any of you have ever tried to promote your translation services at this particular fair, or any other bigger trade fair in the UK. Is it worth it?

Also, I could not find any ticket prices on the website and they don´t seem very
... See more
Hello everyone

I was wondering if some of you have been to the Birmingham spring fair before.

Looking at their website it looks like there will be quite a few exhibitors from a variety of backgrounds.

I was wondering if any of you have ever tried to promote your translation services at this particular fair, or any other bigger trade fair in the UK. Is it worth it?

Also, I could not find any ticket prices on the website and they don´t seem very inclined to answer my e-mail re this. Does someone have any information about this?

I would be grateful about all information you are willing to share.

Thanks.

Manuela
Collapse

Sebastian Witte
Sebastian Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:38
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Me and my dude Lloyd we tried the Hannover Messe (industrial trade fair) Jan 22, 2011

There was at least some interest on the part of some of the exhibitors targeted, but when I followed up on that a week after the fair, I got nothing other than excuses on the other end of the line.

The costs and effort involved were quite something, but then the whole thing was still fun so ... you might wanna give it a shot regardless.

Make sure to have your "flashy" flyer ready, simple complimentary cards will not do.

Take care

Sebastian

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

promoting yourself at the Birmingham spring fair

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »