Pursuing the Translation Dream: Promoter of the Profession

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "Pursuing the Translation Dream: Promoter of the Profession".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Sanjin Grandić
Sanjin Grandić  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 06:28
Member (2020)
French to Croatian
+ ...
I love interpreting Sep 11, 2020

Always preferred direct contact with clients, especially the French bnecause I grew up in France....besides, what s there not to kike at 35€ per hour FrenchCroatian...I started as a tourist guide then war interpreter and aftedwards mostly jn Finances.

[Edited at 2020-09-11 00:20 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-09-11 00:21 GMT]

[Edited at 2020-09-11 00:22 GMT]

Maxi Schwarz
Maxi Schwarz  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:28
German to English
+ ...
dunno Sep 12, 2020

I'm not pursuing a dream - I translate, in a rather real way. The idea of promoting the profession as being part of it, I don't know how this advice made me feel. In regard to what the article said, well when I tell anyone what I do, there are not those kinds of misperceptions. Ottawa being largely a government town, the country's capital, officially bilingual - if you say you're a translator, the other person has a mother, father, aunt, uncle, friend, who is a translator or they say "me too... See more
I'm not pursuing a dream - I translate, in a rather real way. The idea of promoting the profession as being part of it, I don't know how this advice made me feel. In regard to what the article said, well when I tell anyone what I do, there are not those kinds of misperceptions. Ottawa being largely a government town, the country's capital, officially bilingual - if you say you're a translator, the other person has a mother, father, aunt, uncle, friend, who is a translator or they say "me too". Nobody has ever asked if I work in a hospital (?) but they will ask, "Do you translate for the government?"Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pursuing the Translation Dream: Promoter of the Profession

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »