Alessandra Ricci  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:24
Member (2008)
Japanese to Italian
+ ...
Apr 22, 2011

Dear Collegues,
as a translation company we are trying to figure out what managing tool would suit the best our needs.

We would need something allowing three PMs to work at the same time and I have just started gathering information about this kind of products; I read some discussions here on Proz and since Plunet and Projetex seem to be convenient for translation companies I am now trying to do some research about them.

First of all, I have registered for a webin
... See more
Dear Collegues,
as a translation company we are trying to figure out what managing tool would suit the best our needs.

We would need something allowing three PMs to work at the same time and I have just started gathering information about this kind of products; I read some discussions here on Proz and since Plunet and Projetex seem to be convenient for translation companies I am now trying to do some research about them.

First of all, I have registered for a webinar which will be held on the 10th of May by Plunet; I have read it can be integrated with various TM managing systems, but it's not clear to me yet what this means in practice: can I access and export my Trados TMs straight from Plunet interface? Will Plunet allow me to store and open up, for example, ttx files?

As for Projetex, it does not interact with CAT, does it? Do you think it would be useful for a company basing 90% of its work on CAT tools? Any experience on this?

I would appreciate any advice you can give

Wish you all a wonderful week-end and a happy and sunny Easter!

Best wishes
Agnese
Collapse

Witold Chocholski
Witold Chocholski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Have you checked TOM? Apr 22, 2011

I mean this software:
http://www.jovo-soft.de

I have a feeling that Projetex, Plunet and Project Open are too powerful tools for a small translation company.

I am now evaluating TOM and it looks quite promising. Moreover, TOM is much cheaper. In the tools you mentioned, as a small agency, you would pay for a lot of practically useless features. That's what I think after spending so
... See more
I mean this software:
http://www.jovo-soft.de

I have a feeling that Projetex, Plunet and Project Open are too powerful tools for a small translation company.

I am now evaluating TOM and it looks quite promising. Moreover, TOM is much cheaper. In the tools you mentioned, as a small agency, you would pay for a lot of practically useless features. That's what I think after spending some hours checking the software that would suit my needs.

Best wishes
W

[Zmieniono 2011-04-22 16:13 GMT]

[Zmieniono 2011-04-22 16:13 GMT]
Collapse

Antonio Ferreira

Siegfried Armbruster
Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Take the Plunet Webinar Apr 23, 2011

Having used Plunet for a year, I still love it. No - it is not a TM system, and No - it can't open TTX files. It is a purely administrative system and after it is configured, it makes all administrative work (quotes, invoices, PO, finding translators, storing all data related to a job or translator etc) dead easy. Let me describe one bit of integration:

It creates/loads your Trados analysis for a project and uses theses numbers together with the pricelist(s) you configured to genera
... See more
Having used Plunet for a year, I still love it. No - it is not a TM system, and No - it can't open TTX files. It is a purely administrative system and after it is configured, it makes all administrative work (quotes, invoices, PO, finding translators, storing all data related to a job or translator etc) dead easy. Let me describe one bit of integration:

It creates/loads your Trados analysis for a project and uses theses numbers together with the pricelist(s) you configured to generate quotes for customers or POs for translators.

Take your webinar with them, great company with great support and a superb product.
Collapse

Ivana Kahle
Ivana Kahle  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
German to Croatian
+ ...
Plunet Apr 23, 2011

One of my outsourcers (a small translation agency) uses Plunet. It's very easy and effective. Us freelance translators working for this outsourcer have learned pretty fast how to use it too. I think it's also not expensive.
Good luck!
Ivana.

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
QuaHill Apr 23, 2011

QuaHill may also be what you are looking for: http://www.quahill.com/

Alessandra Ricci
Italy
Member (2008)
Japanese to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! Apr 26, 2011

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help and will check the tools you all suggested.
Have a nice day
Agnese

Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Aleksandr Dyatlov (AIT)
Local time: 10:24
Interaction with CAT tools of Projetex Apr 27, 2011

Dear Alessandra Ricci,

Projetex can interact with CAT tools like Trados or Logoport via built-in software CATCount which allows to import CAT schema from other software or create your own CAT schema.

You can try free 30-days evaluation version of Projetex, ordering download
... See more
Dear Alessandra Ricci,

Projetex can interact with CAT tools like Trados or Logoport via built-in software CATCount which allows to import CAT schema from other software or create your own CAT schema.

You can try free 30-days evaluation version of Projetex, ordering download link on Projetex's website http://projetex.com/translation-project-management-software-free-download

Also we can make a free on-line presentation of Projetex for you. You can request it on our website http://projetex.com/translation-management-technology-free-presentation/?view=rsform

Best regards,
Aleksandr
---------------------------------------
AIT Software Development Team
Collapse

Alessandra Ricci
Italy
Member (2008)
Japanese to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Apr 27, 2011

Aleksandr Dyatlov wrote:

Dear Alessandra Ricci,

You can try free 30-days evaluation version of Projetex, ordering download link on Projetex's website http://projetex.com/translation-project-management-software-free-download

Also we can make a free on-line presentation of Projetex for you. You can request it on our website http://projetex.com/translation-management-technology-free-presentation/?view=rsform

Best regards,
Aleksandr
---------------------------------------
AIT Software Development Team

Thanks,
I will send you a request.
Agnese

Gaetan Chretiennot
Gaetan Chretiennot
France
Ever considered xTRF? Apr 28, 2011

Hello!

I've been in your shoes 2 years ago when I had to decide for a Translation Management System myself. Not easy!

After deep consideration and testings, I chose the web-based xTRF solution and we've been happier than expected for the last 2 years now (read http://www.xtrf.eu/apropos).

If you're looking for a really collaborative, professional and fully customizable
... See more
Hello!

I've been in your shoes 2 years ago when I had to decide for a Translation Management System myself. Not easy!

After deep consideration and testings, I chose the web-based xTRF solution and we've been happier than expected for the last 2 years now (read http://www.xtrf.eu/apropos).

If you're looking for a really collaborative, professional and fully customizable TMS, don't look anywhere else. We couldn't just do without xTRF now.

Ask for a demo and that should convince you right away!

If you have more questions on my feedback, don't hesitate to ask.

Gaetan
Collapse

Trying to decide between Plunet or XTRF May 10, 2011

Thanks for all the answers, but if you would choose between Plunet and XTRF which one would you choose and why? We are a big company and have a huge workload, we need the best software so that we can maintain the workflow. Any answer is appreciated! Thanks

DanielRejtoe
DanielRejtoe
Germany
Plunet fits very well for big company structures May 11, 2011

aydjeren wrote:

Thanks for all the answers, but if you would choose between Plunet and XTRF which one would you choose and why? We are a big company and have a huge workload, we need the best software so that we can maintain the workflow. Any answer is appreciated! Thanks

Dear aydjeren,

First of all - I will not do a sales pitch here - cause what you need is some real user experience with a focus on bigger companies.

To provide you with that please send me an email to [email protected]

We can give you contacts of Plunet customers who like to talk about their experiences with the system and our services. I will not spread their names here as this should be discussed one-on-one. You can also meet my colleagues on all bigger US conferences (ALC, LocWorld, ATA...)

and...yes there are some very good reasons for you to take a more detailed look into Plunet - even if that sounds like sales language:
Plunet offers a stable and very powerful business management solution which fits very good for bigger company structures (smaller ones too - but that was not what you asked for). We do have customers with up to 50 project managers (in the US and Europe). Also we can now offer consulting, implementation and support for any american company from our NYC office - we do open the office in June. A big advantage for our rapidly growing american customer base.

I hope that was helpful!
BR
Daniel Rejtö
www.plunet.net

DanielRejtoe
DanielRejtoe
Germany
Free Plunet webinar on June 7 May 19, 2011

Hi all,

I don't want to spam you with marketing-announcements but there will be a introductory Plunet webinar on June 7. Please feel free to register for that. Please find the official marketing wording (and the link) below ; )

Best Regards
Daniel

Introductional webinar: Successful Translation Management with Plunet

Date: June 7, 5pm Berlin, 4pm London, 11am New York
Duration: 45min

Especiall
... See more
Hi all,

I don't want to spam you with marketing-announcements but there will be a introductory Plunet webinar on June 7. Please feel free to register for that. Please find the official marketing wording (and the link) below ; )

Best Regards
Daniel

Introductional webinar: Successful Translation Management with Plunet

Date: June 7, 5pm Berlin, 4pm London, 11am New York
Duration: 45min

Especially suitable for: Anyone who wants to receive a first impression on the functionality and strengths of Plunet BusinessManager.

Content:
In our free introductional translation management webinar you will learn how:

+ you can manage your translation projects cost and time efficient with only a few steps.
+ Plunet´s integrations with leading Translation Memory Tools (Trados, Across, memoQ, MultiTrans, Transit, etc.) offer you a seamless connection between your production and business processes
+ Plunet´s outstanding financial and productivity reports help you plan, steer and control the short, medium and long-term development of your company

Register here
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/956970801
Collapse

Melissa Bernal Keijzer
Melissa Bernal Keijzer
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Gespoint, excellent for Spanish agencies Apr 9, 2015

Last year we spent more than three months comparing and testing several translation project managing softwares: Projetex, Plunet, Quahill, Translation Projex, XTRF, TOM, Gespoint, etc.

Finally, we decided to work with Gespoint and we still think we took the best option. We really recommend it for spanish agencies: it is user friendly; it has everything you may need from the very beginning till the end of each of your projects; it includes accounting and financial modules; they can
... See more
Last year we spent more than three months comparing and testing several translation project managing softwares: Projetex, Plunet, Quahill, Translation Projex, XTRF, TOM, Gespoint, etc.

Finally, we decided to work with Gespoint and we still think we took the best option. We really recommend it for spanish agencies: it is user friendly; it has everything you may need from the very beginning till the end of each of your projects; it includes accounting and financial modules; they can adapt the software and documents to your needs.

The results: we save a lot of time and everything remains constantly under control (clients, providers, projects, payments, revenues, profits and loss, etc.).
Collapse

Passerel
Passerel
Spain
QuaHill Jun 1, 2015

We decided to use QuaHill SaaS (we rent the system including Windows Server on a monthly basis) and I believe it was great choice for us.

We are a small agency and we do not want to take care of things like Windows servers ourselves (they do it for us as a part of the service) but we still need to allow vendors and clients to login using web browser to download/upload files and QuaHill allows all that.

Google Drive is also integrated and direct communication with SDL
... See more
We decided to use QuaHill SaaS (we rent the system including Windows Server on a monthly basis) and I believe it was great choice for us.

We are a small agency and we do not want to take care of things like Windows servers ourselves (they do it for us as a part of the service) but we still need to allow vendors and clients to login using web browser to download/upload files and QuaHill allows all that.

Google Drive is also integrated and direct communication with SDL Trados Studio is enabled too. It works absolutely perfect for us.
Collapse

TvNellen (X)
TvNellen (X)
United States
Local time: 02:24
English to Dutch
+ ...
Hercules Dec 15, 2015

Another option is Hercules. Geared toward small to medium-sized translation companies, it is easy to use yet powerful. It is actively developed based on feedback from users and new features are still being added. With Hercules you can:

• Generate quotes with a mouse click

• Use customizable e-mail templates

• import CAT analyses for automatic rate calculation

• Exchange files with clients and translators

• Automate invoicing,... See more
Another option is Hercules. Geared toward small to medium-sized translation companies, it is easy to use yet powerful. It is actively developed based on feedback from users and new features are still being added. With Hercules you can:

• Generate quotes with a mouse click

• Use customizable e-mail templates

• import CAT analyses for automatic rate calculation

• Exchange files with clients and translators

• Automate invoicing, both to clients and from translators

• Keep track of translator availability

• Clone projects to save time

• Receive client feedback

• Add email, quote and invoice templates in other languages

• Use your company's logo

• Generate reports to gain a better understanding of your income and expenses

• Integrate with QuickBooks Online

On the website you can sign up for a free 30-day trial.

Full disclosure: I'm the developer.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Projetex, Plunet and translation project managing tools

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »