German Gonzalez
German Gonzalez
Argentina
Local time: 18:44
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 16, 2012

I have Wordfast Pro 3.1 installed. Yesterday I worked as usual, and today when I tried to use wordfast, I got an error. It would just not start, something about a log. I uninstalled JAVA and Wordfast and installed them both again.
After that, Wordfast starts fine, but when I start working on a project I get the following:
"Next Segment (TM Commit)" did not complete normally. Please see the log for more information.
Invalid locale code (null)."
or
... See more
I have Wordfast Pro 3.1 installed. Yesterday I worked as usual, and today when I tried to use wordfast, I got an error. It would just not start, something about a log. I uninstalled JAVA and Wordfast and installed them both again.
After that, Wordfast starts fine, but when I start working on a project I get the following:
"Next Segment (TM Commit)" did not complete normally. Please see the log for more information.
Invalid locale code (null)."
org.gs4tr.fopundation.locale.localeException.

Can anyone help me please? I'm in a hurry!

I have Windows 7, 64 bits, if it matters.
Collapse

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 23:44
English to Arabic
TM Sep 16, 2012

Please try to deselect the current TM for a while and create a new TM. See if this solves the problem and stops the error message - just trying to determine the source of the problem.

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

German Gonzalez
German Gonzalez
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found Solution! Sep 16, 2012

Thanks for your reply!
The TM was new and apparently it wasn't the problem, I deselect the terminology file I had, created a new one and I have no problems at all now. I am working just fine so far!

Check this: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/WF_PRO/message/8063

Nadine Mondestin

Nadine Mondestin
Nadine Mondestin  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:44
English to Haitian-Creole
+ ...
Thank you! Jul 4, 2020

Eight years later and your solution helped me with a book-length project that was suddenly intractable!

German Gonzalez
German Gonzalez
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great! Jul 4, 2020

I'm glad this post help you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 3.1: 'Next Segment (TM Commit)' did not complete normally

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »