Defective TM - WF Pro 3
Thread poster: Spanish-English Translator
Spanish-English Translator
Spanish-English Translator
Local time: 01:42
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oct 22, 2018

I translated a file with WF Pro 3.4.11. After finishing, I pulsed “Confirm all” to update the TM. The resulting TM was a mishmash. Many target segments do not coincide with their translation segment. It looks like translation segments are displaced one or two steps in relation to the source text. What could have happened? Thanks, AT

Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

Primary or Secondary Preference? Read only? Oct 22, 2018

It might be worthwhile checking if your TM was set to read only and whether another TM was marked as primary.

This could've caused such inconsistencies after 'confirm all'.

Regards,
DJH

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
corrupted Oct 23, 2018

As far as I have MS Word installed, I prefer WF Classic; however, let's assume you've got a FULL registered version of WF PRO, so--

*First, was it a new bilingual TM; you created one before; used multi-coded files, or they sent you one?
*Second, is it a tab-delimited text or TMX?
*Third, is it ANSI, Unicode (UTF-8/ UTF-16/ UTF-32), or something else?
*Fourth, as far as WFP is a standalone Java-based cross-platform application, heavily relying on the JVM upda
... See more
As far as I have MS Word installed, I prefer WF Classic; however, let's assume you've got a FULL registered version of WF PRO, so--

*First, was it a new bilingual TM; you created one before; used multi-coded files, or they sent you one?
*Second, is it a tab-delimited text or TMX?
*Third, is it ANSI, Unicode (UTF-8/ UTF-16/ UTF-32), or something else?
*Fourth, as far as WFP is a standalone Java-based cross-platform application, heavily relying on the JVM updates; might it be compromised somehow?
*Fifth, if the project was imported ok, properly segmented, and the translation went fine till cleaning up, then something did temper with reading/writing at the final stage (an anti-virus, a mapped/remote disk, disk partition errs, or hardware failures)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Defective TM - WF Pro 3

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »