Why are formatting tools greyed out?
Thread poster: Rodrigo Maharg Bravo
Rodrigo Maharg Bravo
Rodrigo Maharg Bravo  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 09:47
Spanish to English
Oct 14, 2019

Wonder if anyone can help. I'm trying to use the bold tool in Wordfast 5 and most of the formatting tools are greyed out. The keyboard shortcut for 'bold' is not working either - has anyone dealt with this before?

thanks in advance

Rod

Debjit Sarkar

Rickard L.
Rickard L.
Sweden
Local time: 10:47
English to Swedish
Same issue Jan 28, 2022

Rodrigo Maharg Bravo wrote:

Wonder if anyone can help. I'm trying to use the bold tool in Wordfast 5 and most of the formatting tools are greyed out. The keyboard shortcut for 'bold' is not working either - has anyone dealt with this before?

thanks in advance

Rod

Same here. Extremely annoying. Apparently the format options are available only for MS Office source files. Luckily WF is not used that often.

[Edited at 2022-01-28 23:11 GMT]

Anjali Kulkarni
Anjali Kulkarni
Local time: 15:17
English to Hindi
+ ...
I am still facing this issue. Mar 27

This issue is still present in Wordfast Pro. Has anybody found a solution? Thank you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why are formatting tools greyed out?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »