WF Pro 5 word count way off
Thread poster: Ian D_
Ian D_
Ian D_
United Kingdom
Dec 11, 2019

Hi all,

Currently having an issue where our translators have to save docx files as rtf in order for WF to "read them" correctly.

For example a 4000 word document is being "read" by wf5 as 45 words. I believe it has something to do with the formatting, headers, footers etc but try as I might I'm not able to work it out. Saving as RTF means the file is read correctly and translated fine, but sometimes it's missing important content that was removed when the file wa
... See more
Hi all,

Currently having an issue where our translators have to save docx files as rtf in order for WF to "read them" correctly.

For example a 4000 word document is being "read" by wf5 as 45 words. I believe it has something to do with the formatting, headers, footers etc but try as I might I'm not able to work it out. Saving as RTF means the file is read correctly and translated fine, but sometimes it's missing important content that was removed when the file was converted.

It wouldn't ordinary bother me, or my users if the workaround of saving to RTF worked ok, but the fact that sometimes it removes content makes it difficult to have this as a long term solution.

Image below of what we see, on the left hand side is all of the content that WF recognizes, this is all headers, footers and the like. But you can see in the preview that the document contains much more than what is shown on the left hand side.

I've had a trawl through the wiki, does anyone have any ideas?

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Pro 5 word count way off

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »