Maaike van Vlijmen
Maaike van Vlijmen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:17
Member (2009)
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Feb 15, 2020

I'm using WF Pro 5.4 on a Mac. A client has given me two TMs to work with, so I have a primary and a secondary TM. I've been asked to penalize the secondary TM at 10% - like they did in Trados.

First of all, I have never done this before (I didn't even know what penalties were), so I tried to change the value of "case" to 5 (that's apparently the maximum). But every time I change the case value of the secondary TM, the one of the primary TM changes as well. I cannot seem to change
... See more
I'm using WF Pro 5.4 on a Mac. A client has given me two TMs to work with, so I have a primary and a secondary TM. I've been asked to penalize the secondary TM at 10% - like they did in Trados.

First of all, I have never done this before (I didn't even know what penalties were), so I tried to change the value of "case" to 5 (that's apparently the maximum). But every time I change the case value of the secondary TM, the one of the primary TM changes as well. I cannot seem to change the values separately for each TM.

Am I doing this right? I don't know how to penalize in general and I don't know how to penalize just one TM and not the other. I'm clueless...

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Collapse

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 16:17
Upgrade to 5.13 Feb 17, 2020

I would first update version of WFP to 5.13.

Once Project is open with two TMs set to Primary/Secondary, go to Preferences > Penalties and set Secondary TM penalty to 10. Also Wordfast leveraged score from secondary TM will have asterisk.

Let us know if this worked.

Thank you,
John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to penalize different TMs

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »