Wordfast Pro 5 - Can I find & replace text in Translation Memory?
Thread poster: David Sawada
David Sawada
David Sawada
Local time: 00:40
Spanish to Japanese
+ ...
Sep 26, 2020

I am using Wordfast Pro 5
I am able to Find/Replace text in Translation Units of documents being translated.
But not able to Find & Replace the Translation Units of TM (Translation Memory).
Can somebody help?
David

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@David Sep 26, 2020

David Sawada wrote:
But not able to Find & Replace the Translation Units of TM.

It is my understanding that this is not possible in WFP5. You have to export a TM to TMX, then edit it in a TMX editor (not supplied by the Wordfast company) and then import it again into the TM. In case you don't know, to edit a TM in WFP5 you have to create a dummy project and then add that TM to the project, and then select the option "open" (not "edit") the TM. You can filter segments based on a search term, but you have to click the segments individually and edit them individually -- you can't tell WFP5 to e.g. replace all instances of "color" with "colour" in the TM.

David Sawada

David Sawada
David Sawada
Spanish to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Samuel! Sep 26, 2020

Thank you Samuel for the information and hints.
Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 5 - Can I find & replace text in Translation Memory?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »