Ömer Maraş
Ömer Maraş
Türkiye
Local time: 23:49
German to Turkish
+ ...
Dec 10, 2020

Hi folks,

as an "old school WFC fan", I've been using WFC 5.55y for years now. But since a recent upgrade to Windows 10, that specific build stopped working (anybody know a way to make it work again??)
So I moved to WFC 5.92n, which seems to work ok so far. However, in WFC 5.55 I could insert hard breaks in the target segment (during translation of longer sentences I usually break it down into segments, deal with them, then combine them and at the end I "ALT+down arrow" to the
... See more
Hi folks,

as an "old school WFC fan", I've been using WFC 5.55y for years now. But since a recent upgrade to Windows 10, that specific build stopped working (anybody know a way to make it work again??)
So I moved to WFC 5.92n, which seems to work ok so far. However, in WFC 5.55 I could insert hard breaks in the target segment (during translation of longer sentences I usually break it down into segments, deal with them, then combine them and at the end I "ALT+down arrow" to the next untranslated segment). This seems to be disabled now. I wonder, why this happens and how I can enable it again. Anybody have any ideas?

I tried this on Windows 10 64bit, on Word 2019 and also on my favorite Word XP - both a "no go" so far..

I'd appreciate any help (would be marvellous if I could use WFC 5.55y also on my new system)...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Classic 5.92n preventing hard break in target segment

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »