Anyone interested in doing the Diptrans at the IOL?
Thread poster: Greta Holmer
Greta Holmer
Greta Holmer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:11
Dutch to English
+ ...
Sep 11, 2002

I enrolled to do the Institute of Linguist\'s Diploma in Translation Dutch>English in January 2003 at the British Council in Brussels.

Unfortunately I received a letter today saying that there is a shortage of candidates in the language combination. They need five people to sit the examination and only two applied for 2003.

I was given three options (either to pay the fees for one and a half candidates - an additional 175 GBP, to find another candidate or not to sit the exami
... See more
I enrolled to do the Institute of Linguist\'s Diploma in Translation Dutch>English in January 2003 at the British Council in Brussels.

Unfortunately I received a letter today saying that there is a shortage of candidates in the language combination. They need five people to sit the examination and only two applied for 2003.

I was given three options (either to pay the fees for one and a half candidates - an additional 175 GBP, to find another candidate or not to sit the examination).

If anyone is interested/or has entered for the exam in January 2003 could they let me know?

I would also be interested to know if people think it is worth it - I have already paid 350 GBP to the Institute of Linguists to enrol and an additional 165 EURO to the British Council for using their facilities.

I have been working as a translator in this language combination since 1993 (part-time) and 1998 (full-time) although I actually graduated as a historian.
[addsig]
Collapse

Kevin Harper
Kevin Harper  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:11
German to English
+ ...
It's well recognised. Sep 11, 2002

It\'s a well-recognised qualification, and probably the only one available in Dutch.

Getting easily recognised qualifications can only be an advantage.

I would join in, but I\'ve got Chinese exams in January, and they might clash. I can\'t afford it at the moment, either, because the Chinese course is costing me enough.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Anyone interested in doing the Diptrans at the IOL?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »