Thread poster: Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:33
English to French
+ ...
Nov 5, 2009

I have not seen this video on this site yet, so I am wondering if anybody else has seen it. I think everybody, especially newbies, must see this video. Enjoy!

Miguel Garcia Lopez
Miguel Garcia Lopez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:33
English to French
+ ...
So good and so fine Nov 5, 2009

Unfortunately so real as well...

Jan Willem van Dormolen (X)
Jan Willem van Dormolen (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 15:33
English to Dutch
+ ...
Actually... Nov 6, 2009

This must be the fourth time just in one month this was posted in some ProZ forum. And it's been posted many times before.
But it is uncannily realistic for our business...

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:33
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry for quadruple posting, then Nov 6, 2009

I have not seen this video mentioned anywhere on ProZ, so I thought I would share. It seems that many have seen this here, so maybe my post is redundant, then.

Still, if I have only come across it now, it may be that there are many of us who haven't seen it. Maybe it is a good idea then to post it again.

It is realistic for our business, but the point of this video is precisely to demonstrate how unrealistic this is in any other trade. It is a warning to many of
... See more
I have not seen this video mentioned anywhere on ProZ, so I thought I would share. It seems that many have seen this here, so maybe my post is redundant, then.

Still, if I have only come across it now, it may be that there are many of us who haven't seen it. Maybe it is a good idea then to post it again.

It is realistic for our business, but the point of this video is precisely to demonstrate how unrealistic this is in any other trade. It is a warning to many of us who think that filet and ground beef can all be sold at the same price, and to those who think that rates should be established based on what the client's budget is.

Some may view this video as funny and entertaining (sorry if it was posted in the lighter side forum--I originally posted it in the money matters forum), but I find this rather sad, and awfully alarming.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What would your hairdresser say?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »