Off topic: some light relief for those of us working this weekend
ناشر الموضوع: Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:52
أنجليزي إلى ألماني
May 27, 2006

For the past few minutes, I've happily translated messages about the wireless keyboard and mouse working or not working properly - nothing taxing - when I spotted a rather different wireless device, one that I personally had never come across. While trying to imagine what it might look like in real life, I hooted so madly with laughter that my partner came running into the room thinking I had finally lost the plot. So what was this mysterious device? See for yourselves...

"The wirel
... See more
For the past few minutes, I've happily translated messages about the wireless keyboard and mouse working or not working properly - nothing taxing - when I spotted a rather different wireless device, one that I personally had never come across. While trying to imagine what it might look like in real life, I hooted so madly with laughter that my partner came running into the room thinking I had finally lost the plot. So what was this mysterious device? See for yourselves...

"The wireless moose is not functional."
Collapse

Andreas Kobell
Andreas Kobell  Identity Verified
ألمانيا
أنجليزي إلى ألماني
+ ...
good one :-) May 27, 2006

...and what about the moose pad? Should be rather large...

And did they say something about how to install the moose driver? Or does it have a moose wheel??? ))

Thanks for sharing !!!

PAS
PAS  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:52
بولندي إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
All is as planned May 27, 2006

I'm sure that was put there intentionally to take the drudgery out of your translation work.

But then again... with all kinds of new computer toys appearing on the market every day, maybe this is something new...

Pawel Skalinski

Or are we really serious? Scroll down to the bottom of the produ
... See more
I'm sure that was put there intentionally to take the drudgery out of your translation work.

But then again... with all kinds of new computer toys appearing on the market every day, maybe this is something new...

Pawel Skalinski

Or are we really serious? Scroll down to the bottom of the product description.

http://www.phantomcalls.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=16150

[Edited at 2006-05-27 12:18]
Collapse

Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
ألمانيا
Local time: 19:52
أنجليزي إلى ألماني
Here's another product from the same company May 27, 2006

Hi Rebekka,

if you experience a moose failure, send a complaint via this protocol:

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1149.html

or as a company we both know once wrote, "Legen Sie die Maus auf den Rücken" (the external QA person was not amused).

Have a nice working weekend,
Ricki

juvera
juvera  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:52
أنجليزي إلى مجري
+ ...
Thanks, both of them are great! Jun 1, 2006

But there is a tell-tale sign on the superbly written transmission by avian carriers; it is dated!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

some light relief for those of us working this weekend

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »