Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 18:27
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jul 11, 2021

Version: memoQ 9.8.6

Is there a way to assign different match priorities to different TMs. For example, in Studio, we can assign a higher penalty to a TM to reduced its priority. Is it possible to do something similar in memoQ?

Thanks.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:27
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TM settings Jul 11, 2021

Of course! You can set your own penalties by creating your TM settings: in your project > Settings > look for the TM Settings and create your own settings. There, you can set penalties (in percentage) for your memories by their name, and/or penalties by segment creator if you wish.

Here, an example assigning several penalties by segment creators:
Captura de pantalla 2021-07-11 181612

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
Ooh Jul 11, 2021

Nice! I had no idea you could actually set an untrustworthiness level for other users.

What an excellent idea!

Alaa Zeineldine
Alaa Zeineldine  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 18:27
Member (2002)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TM settings Jul 11, 2021

Thanks a lot Tomas. I found it under project home>settings>TM settings

The interesting thing is that under "TM penalties', it allows you to add a TM by name, but doesn't verify that this TM actually exists, it just relies on the user entering the name correctly. I would have expected reaching TM settings by right-clicking on the required TM in the TM list.

Anyway, if this works, then this is what I needed. Thanks again!

[Edited at 2021-07-11 20:01
... See more
Thanks a lot Tomas. I found it under project home>settings>TM settings

The interesting thing is that under "TM penalties', it allows you to add a TM by name, but doesn't verify that this TM actually exists, it just relies on the user entering the name correctly. I would have expected reaching TM settings by right-clicking on the required TM in the TM list.

Anyway, if this works, then this is what I needed. Thanks again!

[Edited at 2021-07-11 20:01 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change TM priorities

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »