Thread poster: Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 00:48
Danish to English
+ ...
Feb 15, 2022

memoQ support just confirmed that it is a known issue in version 9.10.10 that Trados return packages are not created from Trados packages imported by this version. Such packages appear to be corrupted, as trying to export a return package with a previous memoQ version results in a large number of red error messages:

"It is a known issue in the latest memoQ client (9.10.10) version that I've already reported to our developer team and they've fixed it, so the next (9.10.11 or newer) v
... See more
memoQ support just confirmed that it is a known issue in version 9.10.10 that Trados return packages are not created from Trados packages imported by this version. Such packages appear to be corrupted, as trying to export a return package with a previous memoQ version results in a large number of red error messages:

"It is a known issue in the latest memoQ client (9.10.10) version that I've already reported to our developer team and they've fixed it, so the next (9.10.11 or newer) version will contain the fix for the issue."

"Currently, our only workaround is if you install one of our previously released memoQ client versions and I would recommend you our LTS (9.7.21) version that you can download using the following link:
https://www.memoq.com/memoq-translator-pro-9-7-thank-you?download=https://dl.memoq.com/installers/memoQ-Setup-9-7-21.exe "

After I downgraded to this version, it worked again, but I had to import the package again and could not use the package imported by 9.10.10.

They didn't say why this defective version is still available for download, but now you know that this version should be avoided.
Collapse

Grigori Gazarian
Stepan Konev
expressisverbis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoQ 9.10.10 defective: cannot create Trados return packages

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »