Where do I find the .sldxppx file when I, in MemoQ, choose "Export (stored path)"?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 21:29
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
May 25, 2022

Where do I find the .sldxppx file when I, in MemoQ, choose "Export (stored path)"?

I chose to complete the whole SDL Trados Studio project in my own MemoQ Translator Pro but the only option to get a return package generated is to choose the option "Export (stored path)", and now I don't know from where I can retrieve the .sldxppx file.

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Change export path is greyed-out (not selectable) May 25, 2022

I could have selected Change export path to view the current default export path and then retrieved my SDL Trados Studio return package. But it's greyed-out so I can't select that option.

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I found the path under Details pane May 25, 2022

On the dashboard, the path is displayed under the Details pane.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 20:29
Danish to English
+ ...
Same as import folder May 25, 2022

memoQ exports it to the same folder the project was imported from unless you change the path.

expressisverbis
Stepan Konev
Tony Keily

Tony Keily
Tony Keily
Italian to English
+ ...
Shouldn't that be... May 26, 2022

...the sdlrpx file? The package you receive is the sdlppx. As the previous poster said, the prx (return package) is saved back to wherever the ppx came from. If the files in the relevant folder are listed alphabetically, it will appear directly below the ppx file you received to work on. It may not have the MemoQ icon, but if you hover your cursor over the file name, you should see 'Type: SDLPRX file'.

[Edited at 2022-05-26 06:51 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 22:29
English to Russian
Export (Stored Path) May 26, 2022

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:
I could have selected Change export path to view the current default export path and then retrieved my SDL Trados Studio return package. But it's greyed-out so I can't select that option.
You should not use the Change Export Path command. Use 'Export (Stored Path)' instead. It will automatically create an sdlrpx file in the same folder as mentioned above.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »