Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Poll: Freelancers, are you members of your local chamber of commerce?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
?? Mar 8, 2022

Mihai Badea wrote:

There are times when it's good to be a member of your national chamber of commerce.

It's like getting some very special spectacles that make some things much clearer.

Sorry, what will joining a national chamber of commerce make me see more clearly?

Barbara Carrara
P.L.F. Persio

Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 12:31
English to Romanian
+ ...
Not you Mar 8, 2022

Ice Scream wrote:

Mihai Badea wrote:

There are times when it's good to be a member of your national chamber of commerce.

It's like getting some very special spectacles that make some things much clearer.

Sorry, what will joining a national chamber of commerce make me see more clearly?

Please don't take it personally.

Chambers of commerce do not exclude any business people who take themselves seriously.

Are bankers not familiarised with metaphors? Only "jog on" works? That would be rather sad.

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
? Mar 9, 2022

Mihai Badea wrote:

Chambers of commerce do not exclude any business people who take themselves seriously.

Are bankers not familiarised with metaphors? Only "jog on" works? That would be rather sad.

Sorry I have no idea what you mean. What are the benefits?

P.L.F. Persio

Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 12:31
English to Romanian
+ ...
No book Mar 9, 2022

Ice Scream wrote:

Mihai Badea wrote:

Sorry I have no idea what you mean. What are the benefits?

It is not easy to find a book on chambers of commerce. But the benefits are made clear on their website.

Access to information, networking, speed of advice.

Admittedly, it is the big league, it's not simple, it's not cheap. You're there if you want to make money.

We translators have a lot to learn about the business and practical aspects of our activity, about how we can improve, but I have no intention to lecture anyone.

Instead, you might be in a better position.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Freelancers, are you members of your local chamber of commerce?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »