De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Leah Hunt
Leah Hunt
Leah Hunt
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Local time: 08:35
Duits naar Engels
Jan 30, 2014

Hi all

I've been living in Nottingham for the past year and the closest Powwows I've seen have been in Sheffield and Birmingham.

I've emailed a few local Prozians and it seems like a Nottingham Powwow would be fairly popular, but it looks like I can't go through the proposal process as I haven't had my identity verified on here yet.

Hopefully we can decide a date, time and location in this thread and then make it all official. From the email exchanges I've
... See more
Hi all

I've been living in Nottingham for the past year and the closest Powwows I've seen have been in Sheffield and Birmingham.

I've emailed a few local Prozians and it seems like a Nottingham Powwow would be fairly popular, but it looks like I can't go through the proposal process as I haven't had my identity verified on here yet.

Hopefully we can decide a date, time and location in this thread and then make it all official. From the email exchanges I've had, it looks like a weekday in the city centre would be best. Let me know what you think.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Leah
Collapse

Neil Cross
Neil Cross
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Lid 2006
Nederlands naar Engels
+ ...
Good idea Jan 30, 2014

I'd certainly be up for this in principle .

As I mentioned to Leah, I can't do Saturdays (which is why I could never attend the previous Nottingham Powwows), but any other day should be OK.

I'm a bit out of touch with Nottingham city centre these days, so can't really suggest a venue, but I'm sure we can find somewhere suitable.

Thanks to Leah for getting the ball rolling on this!

... See more
I'd certainly be up for this in principle .

As I mentioned to Leah, I can't do Saturdays (which is why I could never attend the previous Nottingham Powwows), but any other day should be OK.

I'm a bit out of touch with Nottingham city centre these days, so can't really suggest a venue, but I'm sure we can find somewhere suitable.

Thanks to Leah for getting the ball rolling on this!

Best wishes,

Neil
Collapse

Catherine Shepherd
Catherine Shepherd  Identity Verified
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Spaans naar Engels
+ ...
Hi Jan 30, 2014

I can't do Saturdays either so a powwow during the week is perfect! I have no idea where to go in the centre either, but Leah knows some places!

Frances Warburton
Frances Warburton  Identity Verified
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Lid 2007
Japans naar Engels
EMRG meeting 5th February Jan 31, 2014

The local ITI group (East Midlands Regional Group) are meeting on the 5th February at the Olde Trip to Jerusalem from 7pm. You're welcome to join us there - no need to be an ITI member. There should be about 10 ~ 15 people coming and we spend a couple of hours networking and talking about translation / interpreting / language issues.

Frances Warburton

NicoleL
NicoleL  Identity Verified
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Spaans naar Engels
+ ...
Hi Feb 1, 2014

Great idea, Leah, thanks for organising it. Weekdays would be my choice too.
If it's any help, the Nottingham Spanish Meetup Group use the Contemporary Bar on High Pavement or the Pitcher and Piano next door.
Looking forward to meeting you all,
Nicole

Leah Hunt
Leah Hunt
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Duits naar Engels
ONDERWERPSTARTER
Excellent Feb 2, 2014

Thanks for your input, everyone.

I can't make the meetup at Ye Old Trip unfortunately.

How do people feel about a Friday lunchtime/afternoon thing? Maybe at one of the places Nicole suggested?

Catherine Shepherd
Catherine Shepherd  Identity Verified
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Spaans naar Engels
+ ...
OK Feb 2, 2014

Sounds good to me, if those places are child-friendly

Neil Cross
Neil Cross
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Lid 2006
Nederlands naar Engels
+ ...
Fridays Feb 2, 2014

In theory, I'm all in favour of meeting on a Friday. One of the things I used to like when I had a "proper" job in Nottingham (20 years or so ago) was having a drink with my colleagues after work on a Friday, or Poets Day (polite translation: "Push Off Early, Tomorrow's Saturday") .

I can't, however, do the second Friday in any month, because of other social commitments...

There used to be quite a few dec
... See more
In theory, I'm all in favour of meeting on a Friday. One of the things I used to like when I had a "proper" job in Nottingham (20 years or so ago) was having a drink with my colleagues after work on a Friday, or Poets Day (polite translation: "Push Off Early, Tomorrow's Saturday") .

I can't, however, do the second Friday in any month, because of other social commitments...

There used to be quite a few decent bars in the High Pavement / Lace Market area, but I will bow to someone with more up-to-date knowledge!
Collapse

Leah Hunt
Leah Hunt
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Duits naar Engels
ONDERWERPSTARTER
Fridays Feb 6, 2014

Sorry for not getting back to you all, I've been mega busy!

I don't go into town a lot, so my knowledge isn't great! The only places I tend to go are the little cafes, and they're always packed with the tables practically on top of each other, not good for children, Catherine

Apparently Pitcher and Piano just reopened yesterday after a refurbishment, might be a good excuse to nip in?

How does
... See more
Sorry for not getting back to you all, I've been mega busy!

I don't go into town a lot, so my knowledge isn't great! The only places I tend to go are the little cafes, and they're always packed with the tables practically on top of each other, not good for children, Catherine

Apparently Pitcher and Piano just reopened yesterday after a refurbishment, might be a good excuse to nip in?

How does the last Friday of the month sound? Either for lunch or "after-work" drinks?
Collapse

NicoleL
NicoleL  Identity Verified
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Spaans naar Engels
+ ...
Nottingham Powwow Feb 27, 2014

Is this going ahead? If so, at what time?

Leah Hunt
Leah Hunt
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Duits naar Engels
ONDERWERPSTARTER
Not today Feb 28, 2014

Hi Nicole

I haven't organised anything for today, but if people are interested, I'll try to create a Powwow for the last Friday in March.

Neil Cross
Neil Cross
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Lid 2006
Nederlands naar Engels
+ ...
28.03.13 Feb 28, 2014

Last Friday in March would be good for me .

Leah Hunt
Leah Hunt
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Duits naar Engels
ONDERWERPSTARTER
Go ahead? Mar 5, 2014

Hi all

I've verified my ID on here now so I can now create a Powwow.

Everyone happy for the last Friday in March (28th)? It might be a bit late notice for some but I'm on holiday for the last Friday in April. If someone else wants to organise for then, though that's fine by me

Jennifer White
Jennifer White  Identity Verified
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Frans naar Engels
+ ...
@Leah Mar 5, 2014

Will you put a post in the upcoming powwows section? Other people may see it there. We had some very good powwows in Nottingham until a few years ago (organised by Sarah Appleby; maybe she can be persuaded to come back, along with some of the "old" faces?)

I'll probably come anyway. Thanks for organising.

[Edited at 2014-03-05 20:51 GMT]

Leah Hunt
Leah Hunt
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Duits naar Engels
ONDERWERPSTARTER
@Jennifer Mar 6, 2014

I've raised a Powwow request now, just waiting for it to be approved. I'll post again when it's up.

Sarah and I recently 'met' on Twitter, I'll drop her a message when the Powwow is up to see if she wants to come/publicise it.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Pagina's in het onderwerp:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(en) van dit forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powwow proposal: Nottingham, United Kingdom

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »